Chapter 4

The training center was located in the bottom of the hotel we were staying in. It was equipped with any weapon you could think of and a complete obstacle course. I stayed back watching the careers settle into a pack and the other districts practice amongst themselves.

"Alone pretty boy?" The girl from district 10 walked over to me.

"I'm observing."

"Smart." She grinned. "So you have a name?" She smiled looking up at a tribute hiding in a fake tree.

"Jimin." I said crossing my arms.

"Anna." She held her hand out.

"I'm not falling for whatever trap you're trying to pull." I said looking at her out stretched hand.

"Just being friendly." She said dropping her hand. "There will be plenty of time for us to kill each other later."

I rolled my eyes. "I have no plans on killing anyone."

"Then how do you expect to win?" She half ran to catch up to me as I jogged away.

"I don't." I looked at her. "I want Willow to win."

"The girl?" She looked over towards Willow who was practicing with a bow and some targets.

"Mhm." I hummed looking at her.

"Huh." She chuckled. "What are the odds you get trapped here with your crush?"

"She's not my-"

"Save it pretty boy." She grinned. "There is never any romance in these games. It'll add an interesting..." she clicked her tongue. "Twist."

"Nobody knows." I shook my head.

"Maybe you should make it known." She said stepping away from me. "A pretty boy like you, and a clueless girl like her..." she bit her lip. "Might just win together."

That was impossible. Only one of us could win. "Hey wait." I said running after her as she walked away this time. "What do you mean?"

She chalked up her hands and threw herself onto some monkey bars, she twisted and turned with ease, like a gymnast as she swung from bar to bar. "What I mean is..." she said before dangling from her legs. "Play into that. Fake it if I'm wrong about you liking her, but play into it." She bended herself into a bridge like motion stretching from bar to bar. District 10, a livestock district. How did she manage to learn how to bend like a contortionist?

I chalked up my hands and pulled myself onto the bars. "How?"

"Make the capital and sponsors believe you're in love with her."

"How?"

"Are you stupid?" She said staring at me upside down.

I caught up to her and let my body dangle from my legs as well, staring her eye to eye. "No."

"Huh. Never seen a district 12 able to keep up." She smiled.

"Never seen a district 10 be flexible." I interjected. "Besides." I said as I flipped down landing on my feet, we were both eye to eye, only she was upside down. "How would I prove that to any sponsors?"

She jumped back down. "Confess your love for her on the talk show we have to do tomorrow." She shrugged walking over to an area with throwing knifes and a target. "It's simple really." She tossed a few knifes with ease. "You try." She pointed to a fresh set of knives.

I picked up a few placing them between my fingers and tossing them at the target. "And us?"

"I work alone Jimin." She grinned. "There can only be one winner."