chapter iv: enter the sea witch

As a mergirl once again, I went to find Ariel and I found out from Flounder that she was helping her sisters clear the wreckage from the shipwreck from the coral. I arrived, and without a word, helped with my aunt Tammy, and another lady named Mrs. Lovett, who Sweeney knew.

Mrs. Lovett was a svelte woman with pale skin, dark auburn curly hair and dark eyes. She had a black bra and a red tail with black fins.

I saw two other mermen helping clear the wreckage, and they both had lean and powerful builds, olive skin, dark hair and eyes and beards. One merman had a red tail with teal green and gold fins. His hair was a bit shorter than the other merman, whose hair was down to his shoulders. I noticed the second merman's tail was white with gold fins, and his wrists had marks on them.

"I don't think they intended to have a shipwreck." Ariel said to one of her sisters who said something about the storm.

"They are careless, Ariel. It will take thousands of years for this coral to grow back." One of the sisters said. Caspia, I sensed. She had pink hair, blue eyes and a yellow and blue bra and tail.

"And they've nearly killed all of the sea fern." Indira said. She had dark hair with gold highlights, and dark eyes, and a gold bra and tail with brown stripes.

"They'd kill us too if they had the chance." Karina said, carrying a net as she swam past. She had platinum blonde hair, bangs that framed her face, blue eyes and her mermaid ensemble was a different shade of blue.

"No! No, they're not all like that." Ariel disagreed.

"Oh? How would you know? You've never even seen one. You were just a child when mother died and Father stopped us from going to the surface." Perla swam up to us. Her dark hair with light blue highlights was tied up in a French braid, while her bra and tail were red, with white dots and stripes, and a royal blue on the fins.

Is that why the Sea King hates humans? What really happened? I asked in thought.

"I just mean, we're not all the same, so why should humans be?" Ariel pointed out.

"What about humans?"

King Triton's voice made me nervous, and Ariel knew it. The two mermen looked my way. The merman with the white tail gave me a gentle and reassuring glance before continuing on with clearing debris.

"I-I just meant--" Ariel tried to explain.

"Look at what their shipwreck did!" Tameka, with chocolate brown skin, dark hair and eyes, blue with colorful fins and bra spat out.

"They got what they deserved." Triton growled, casting his trident to the ground. "They're the most dangerous species of all, spoiling our waters, destroying the reefs. They have no respect for the balance of the oceans."

The negative energy coming from Triton was so overwhelming, that I couldn't stand to be in the same spot, and Aunt Tammy noticed, and gently rubbed my back. Ariel noticed too, and was even more determined to keep my secret.

"They're not the only ones who have no respect for balance." Ariel shot back, angry at everyone except me. "Come on, Rani."

I gladly swam off with Ariel.

TAMMIE POV

I watched as Ariel and Rani swam off. I really didn't blame them. I especially didn't blame Rani since she had to hide the fact that she was a human. All I knew was that the Sea King hated humans. My poor niece was definitely shaking with fear, and was close to having a headache.

"Ariel? What...? What is going on with her?" Mala, the oldest of the seven wondered. She was a mermaid with pink and orange fins and bra, and had Asian features, like me. She had long dark hair, dark eyes and pale skin.