prolouge.

★★★

★★★

It was on the fifth day of visiting his Grandmother that he saw the note.

He remembered it so well.

A sigh of sadness had escaped his lips. He had crouched next to the bed, watching his grandma laying on the bed, Mimi, she wasn't awake yet, the doctors probably had drugged her. Curling up his hand in hers, he sighed again, his face scrunched up.

She wasn't getting better, no matter how his Mammi said she would recover, the slightest bit of doubt would grow within him and that would consume his thoughts, making him feel completely dull.

He was useless in helping, he hadn't got a job yet, the two hundred pounds in his account didn't stand the chance against a forty grand hospital bill. But, he thought, encouraging himself, that's why he was here, to earn while studying, that's why they had moved from Korea, to bring him into England so he could fulfil his dreams.

The curtains behind him shuffled, he didn't bother to turn, he already knew who it was.

"Min." Ha Eun whispers, his younger sister, only sibling, the only person he trusted with all his heart. "We should get going, Mammi said."

Before he turned from Mimi, he gave her a kiss on the forehead and whispered a prayer. He then turned from her, and approached the door, escorting Ha Eun out of the room.

"She'll get better." His sister whispered, obvious doubt in her voice. Minho glared at her, then sighed, closing his eyes.

"We both know that's not true Eun." He deflected, he knew he should be the one comforting his sister always, encouraging her that Mimi would get better. But maybe it was the fact that he was tired of people telling him what wasn't going to happen.

It would happen - if they had forty thousand pounds, which came out like a fucking dream, because no one in their family could earn that much. Minho sighed and ran a hand over his hair. He felt Eun's hand wrap around his, and he held it tighter.

"Wait, I need the restroom."

Minho told Eun, when he felt the urge to cry. He couldn't hold it back - in exactly two months, if Mimi didn't have that surgery she would be dead. As sorrowful as it sounded she would be dead. He sniffed, then felt embarrassed for seeming weak in front of his younger sister. Eun just nodded, looking distant.

Sometimes Minho wondered what went through her mind.

He excused himself once more before stumbling to the boy's restroom. He stopped, gazed at the window, the weather was shitty. England's weather, sky grey and emotionless, raindrops cascaded down the glass, mirroring the tears that welled in his eyes. Unable to hold himself, a choked sob escaped him. His heart ached.

Then his eyes caught it. The note. It didn't look like a note, but when he walked up closer to the sink it did. Minho read the note, his sadness turning into shock, fear, confusion. He blinked as if the note before him was a reflex.

But no, it was there visible and clear.

★★★ letter 

Dear User, congratulations for seeing this note! you've been chosen, specifically, by people who've been keeping an eye for your every movement. You're special and that's why we decided to give you a hand! If you complete the quest, a million pounds is coming your way!

Murder a hundred students from your local boarding college, Little Birling, make sure to make the deaths brutal, the more brutal the more fun the judges will find it! Download this link, it will keep track of your murders, once you've completed the quest you will be told where to collect your price. This quest will go on for a month, after that time spawn the game will be automatically stopped.

BUT beware. 3 other individuals are in competition for this, whosoever kills 100 people and first earns 1 million pounds.

If you lose you will be simply advice to return to your normal life, and not speak a word to anyone about this. As we mentioned you are monitored by our spies, beware.

★★★ 

Minho read it over and over again. He groaned. Couldn't his life get any more fucking worse?

His Grandmother was dying, and now he had spies monitoring him?

This money could help save Mimi's life, but it would ruin other people's life. But this was his Mimi, she meant a lot to him. He sighed now, taking out his phone and typing the app name on Play Store.

Once he downloaded the app, he washed his hands and hurried out of the restroom. His sister looked up and gave him a small smile.

"Mimi will be fine." Minho announced.

"What? But the bills..."

"She'll be fine." Minho repeated, "you trust me."

She'll be fine...

➶ 。˚   °