1

Going through my mental checklist, I compiled my schedule clearly. At twelve today, I'll be able to head out to the lobby of The Vannah Hotel and call a cab out to the airport for the wedding held in Georgia. A bit of a drive but what can you do when it's for a dear old friend? I started brushing my teeth as the last step before I pack it away. I lean in close to the mirror, picking between my teeth to get that annoying piece of food caught between it. A gave that big sigh with a dazzling smile.

There's yelling in the halls, it was super loud. Not enough for me to come out, so I ignored it. I looked at the digital clock on the nightstand. 11:50, I packed everything, I'm fine!

I sit down on the bed, hearing more shouting in the halls. I set my hand on my face and swipe down, getting annoyed at the family clearly having issues outside my door. Whatever, I reach for the remote and turn it on.

It was the tv info guide about the area, I watched for a moment seeing the landscape around the building in the advertisements. I click the remote to change the channel but I heard pounding on my door followed by... screams of pain? I took a glance at the TV, static. I'm just gonna take a peek to see what's happening.

Going up to the door, I get on my toes to look out the peek hole. There's... people running past following with screams. They all look so scared and confused. Then there was a shirtless man running by with what looked like... stains of red on him? I narrowed my eyes to get a closer look.

WHAM!

The door had someone bang on it again, and now the peek hole was dirty. I couldn't see out of it anymore. What was going on?

The TV behind me started ringing, getting my attention. I walked closer to see what was happening on the tele. It was what looked like a live recording of the area I'm in. My stomach drops, and knots grew. There's buildings on fire, and what looks like the streets in utter chaos. People were making piles of bodies on the curbs and the army was shooting civilians! I put my hand to my mouth and fell back to my bed.

The news reporter started talking. "CEDA is ordering everyone to stay indoors!" A females voice echoed in the TV. The camera man panned to her. It was a woman wearing a pink shirt and hoop earrings. "CEDA is also reporting if you come in contact, please isolate yourself away from others, this was the Green Flu they were talking about!" She started pointing to the ground. "Oh my god, what is that thing?!" She sounded horrified, the cameraman swings over to what she was pointing at and suddenly there's a huge rock that hits the camera man and the feed cuts out.

Then I look out my window, and I see the news helicopter I was just watching spinning around in a cloud of smoke, it was going down. I rushed over to the sliding glass doors, swinging it open to see the helicopter going down before slamming into the side of the hotel and hitting the floor. A great ball of fire erupted as I looked down on it. I saw the woman, she was fine! Then, there was the pilot and cameraman. They both start crawling out of the crash, but horrifically one was missing its legs and the other one ran at the woman before she hits him to the ground with a strap metal debris. I gasped, she just killed a man!

There behind the privacy blinders on the patios, was yelling incoherently . I walked in and took a peek in the gap, there was a man in a white suit, and a woman is what looks like her underwear.