Chapter 2: De Nardi's

Laurent's POV

Hindi ko na namalayan ang oras. I was enjoying this woman, a stranger's company, yet at the back of my mind, she's somehow so familiar. 

It was an odd sensation. 

"You'll be sleeping on that room," sabi nito, pointing at the adjacent room with wide, arch open doorway. It was a space for sitting, for entertainment. 

May long velvety couch, two armchairs. All pink and white, laces and silks. The huge room, expansive and all feminine. 

Everything looked soft, and I couldn't stop myself from imagining her in her silk lingerie, covering less of her skin while splayed on her lacy, pink covered bed, staring up at me, eyes glazed with desire.

Natigil lang ang imahinasyon kong iyon ng marinig ko ang kasunod nitong sinabi. "I think you'll fit on the couch," dagdag nito. 

Ripping my eyes off the sitting room, and tossed it in her direction, I scowled. 

"You want me to sleep on the couch?" I asked incredulously. My voice was sharp, menacing, and calculated before I realized it. 

She blinked multiple times, surprised at my reaction. Tila gulat na gulat ito sa aking naging reaksyon. Iniisip nito sigurong sasang-ayon nalang ako sa kanya. 

Wala akong pakialam kung mahuli kami, pero hindi ako matutulog sa sofa. I've done it once, and it took me almost a week bago nawala ang sakit sa aking likod.

Para akong pinagbubugbog magdamag.

"Did you think I'm gonna let you sleep on my bed? Us sleeping together?" she murmured, her voice filled with confusion mixed with disbelief.

"You do realize I'm over 6'3," pagpapaalala ko sa kanya. "I'm not going to sleep on the couch, wakes up with an aching bone the next day!" I grumbled.

Her cheeks pinkened, and she swallowed, worried her full bottom lip as she shifted her gaze, thinking.

"Fine, I'll sleep on the couch!" mahina ang tinig niya, resignation was evident, ngunit may nakakubli ding matinding inis.

"Your bed is huge. It can fit three times my size plus you," turan ko.

Tumingin siya sa malaki niyang kama bago nito ibinaling sa akin. "I know, but I'm not comfortable," prankang sagot nito, then tugged on her luggage, dragged it across the room, and at the further end of her bedroom, another open doorway. 

At ng mawala siya sa paningin ko, I let out a deep, gruff breath. 

Umikot ang aking paningin sa paligid ng napakalaking kwarto. 

I just noticed that all the furnitures are actually antiques, kahit ang malaking four poster bed, with sherry finished.

And the high-ceiling was painted white, one wall was painted with soft white, almost off-white, and the wall where the bed was pushed against the wall was painted with hot pink. 

Nawala lang ang aking paningin sa paligid ng makita kong lumabas si Samantha mula sa closet nito. 

Nagtama ang mga mata namin. "You can sleep on the bed too. Don't worry, I don't force myself to anyone," kaswal kong sabi kay Samantha. 

Umiling ang dalaga. 

And that irked me for some reason.

"The bed is huge, Sam. I'm sure, we won't even be touching each other," muling turan ko sa kontroladong tinig. 

"As I have said, Mr. Bianchi, I'm not comfortable," pag-uulit nito, at naglapat ang aking mga panga, nag-iigting ang aking bagang dahil sa hindi ko malamang dahilan.