aldan costa

——————・❪ 🦦 ❫ ・—————— 

The first gathering of guards was in the woodlands. Aldan Costa stood before them, black vest, golden pin. He faced each of them with their new badges and their hair braided. Apart from that one guy.

"Why is your hair not in braids?"

He said nothing.

"Answer my question when I ask you."

"I didn't want braids. Braids are girly."

"Come here," Aldan called, and the young male stepped forward with his long hair lusciously whirling in the wind. Without another thought, Aldan stepped behind him and pulled his long, flowing hair and with it he pulled the young male to the ground, dropping him so harsh that he knocked the breath out of his lungs. So, the boy lay there breathless while Aldan stood right above him, deep green eyes focusing on the chocolate brown of the boy. He sighed. "What's your name?"

"Carl."

"Alright, Carl. Here's how it is. Braids are convenient. You can think they are girly all you want, but if one day it means they will save your life, I doubt you will care."

The boy's face grew grim. Stanley stifled a laugh. Aldan saw right through them, though, and shook his head with a small, subtle, hidden, but knowing smile that was for Stanley only, and no one else.