1

The full moon was casting a glow on the deserted streets, the cold night air was making a swishing sound of dread along with the distant hoots of an owl, creating an eerie symphony

The lone figure was walking down the streets, dribbling his football as a pop tune blasted in his headphones.
I'm a motherfucki*ng starboy
Bobbing his head to the tune, his eyes zeroed in on the flickering street lights, he stopped dead in his tracks and paused the music just then the sounds of footsteps echoed in the silent street.

"Beta? Yahan se Station kitna dor hai?"
"Son? How far is the station from here?"

The boy darted his head from left to right, at the haunting female voice. His heart thumped in his chest, his instincts telling him to run.

"Wahan Kahan dekh rha hy choozy? Main idhar hon"
"Where are you looking small fry? I'm here"

The street light flickered again, it's feeble light illuminated a ghostly figure sitting on top of the wall, clad in a black warm shawl that was haphazardly draped on the small frail figure, salt and pepper brittle hair that resembled a bird's nest, a wrinkled face with a...
Ya Allah...
Her eyes were little pools of blood, and a few droplets of crimson blood were cascading down her wrinkled cheeks.

"C-Churail....C-Churail...Aah"
He shrieked in the silence of the night, taking hurried steps but instead collided with another person.

"Mere maa ko churail bolta hy?"
"Did you just call my mother a witch?"

The boy quickly turned around, staring at the elongated figure that only seemed to stretch and stretch. He was unbelievably tall and lanky.

"Tumhare maa?"
"Your mother?"
The boy stared at the tall figure then the old lady, it was rather comical.
The looming figure whacked the boy across the face, making him shriek like a little girl, again.

"Saaly ghor se dekh. Main bilkul apni maa ki copy hun"
"Look closely. I'm the exact copy of my mother"

The tall figure bent down to his level until his face was visible in the moonlight. The sight that welcomed him, sent chills down his spine.
The entity's face had deep scars and scabbing wounds and his eyes were a replica of the woman who was still sitting on a wall, now swaying her feet from side to side and smiling creepily.

"Bhai mujy jany do please. Abhi toh mere shadi bhi nhi huwe"
"Brother please let me go. I still have to get married"

The boy was trembling, stuck in place, as his legs refused to move, his forehead was glistening with perspiration, eyes reflecting dread.
The tall figure, let out a haunting cackle as he took hold of the headphones that were hanging from the boy's neck. He albeit wore the headphones after investigating them for a few seconds.

"Weekend ky gaany sunta hon. Larkiyan impress hojayengi"
He cackled again as he fished out the phone from the boy's t-shirt and hit play, humming to the music in his deep haunting voice, he gestured the old lady to come down. The seemingly old day did a back flip and landed in front of them gracefully, or maybe not so gracefully since her stick fell to the ground with a loud thud, she let out a haunting shriek out of nowhere making the boy and the tall figure jump.