The First 2 Chapters of the Killing Game

Chapter 1: A Scary Surprise:

Everyone wakes up all over Hope's Pinnacle, although they have no memory of the place, but they do remember being classmates. It's the standard DR intro sequence complete with everyone assembling at the auditorium to meet the headmaster and learn the rules.

Nagisa is the first victim and is found the morning after a dinner party all 24 students attended. She is caught in a net-and-wire trap, strangled to death. The class trial reveals that Miiko is the killer, having created the trap as a prank for Haruna, although she swears that there was supposed to be a safety feature installed that prevented strangulation.

Her execution is "Happy Adventure Queen!!!'s Last Hike" and involves her being grabbed by the throat by Monochio's tail and thrown out of the trial room onto a landing strip. She outruns a plane by jumping into the sea at the end of the strip only to be slammed back out of the water by an approaching submarine designed to look like a shark. She lands in a forest of cute woodland creatures smiling down at her, but then they turn into zombie animals and eat her alive until only bones remain.

One DR trope in this chapter is the important connection between the first victim and another important character. My AU doesn't technically have a main protagonist, since it rotates around the entire D4 cast, but Nagisa is of course very important to Hiiro, but that significance is not revealed until Hiiro is outed as one of Junko's masterminds at the end of the saga.

I took her quote from the Indigo Bullet event as to why she would want to lure Nagisa to her death so early on. Not only did she view it as romantic to be the one that got to kill Nagisa, even if indirectly, it also spared Nagisa the horror of living through the rest of the game.

Also, during the first trial, I had it in mind that the closest there could be to a protagonist would be Saki. Her Synesthesia allows her to see color when people sing or speak, which is exactly what happens in class trials as the player must shoot at the proper statements and phrases, often of which are color-coded.

Plus, DR is heavy on gun visuals and I remember thinking about 4 Challenges the first time I imagined Saki as a DR protag in a class trial.

Chapter 2: In Heaven Hell, and in Hell Heaven:

Saki's Synesthesia is deemed a threat by Monochio and she is slated for execution. It changes the motive by giving everyone videos from Hope's Peak, incentivizing everyone to look for more memories that Monochio left around the school's basement, hidden inside flashback lights. Saki finds one that shows her time as a Despair and, without thinking, she breaks into a locked room in the basement and that is what she is punished for. Her execution is the D4V4 Blastoff!!!! Inspired by DR's three rocket executions (Jin, Junko, Kaito).

After Saki is executed, Kurumi reveals some of her own plans, one of which includes sneaking into the same room Saki did because Kurumi also wants to see the extra flashback lights. Her motivation is seeing more of Miiko, and more of Miiko's memories, having defended her as fiercely as Taka defended Mondo in the first trial.

Thanks to her Prank Talent, Kurumi is able to create a device that allows her to steal the spare flashback lights without technically entering the locked room, thus avoiding punishment. But not long after, Kurumi is ambushed by two of the masterminds when they spot her with all the spare FBLs. They attack her with a poison meant to lobotomize her, but Haruna and Miyu find her and attempt to save her.

For once, Miyu's luck works in reverse and the first antidote-medicine she grabs is something made by Monochio with the specific condition that it fixes ailments and ails "fixed things". As such, because the poison Kurumi was injected with was not technically lethal, Miyu's medicine actually poisons her.

She and Haruna use the trial to try to figure out who attacked Kurumi, but they run out of time and Miyu is forced to confess. Haruna, however, interjects and reveals that she is the true killer. After Miyu injected Kurumi with the poison, Haruna sent her to fetch another antidote and in the two minutes Miyu was gone, Haruna smothered Kurumi to death to protect Miyu from execution.

Kurumi consents to this and her final words are wishing Haruna luck, calling her "Chairman" one last time. The fact that only Haruna knows Kurumi's final word is what condemns her and her execution is called "After School Detention with the Chairman". It involves her standing in front of robotic replicas of her classmates, reading to them from the Bible, but they throw things at her of increasing danger. For example, at first, it's just pencils and erasers. Then it's desks and scissors.

Haruna is finally beaten to death by the robot students, the exact fatal blow coming from the Kurumiiko bots, which are wearing Kurumi and Miiko's skin. They attack Haruna with chairs.

One DR trope in this chapter is a secret revealed. In this case, it's Towa's true Talent. In a side-debate, it is discovered that she is not the Ult. Idol, rather, the Ult. Idol Enthusiast. Another DR trope in this chapter is serial killer talk, segueing from Miiko to Genocide Jack, who makes another link to the D4-verse by being the headcanoned mascot of the D4 game "Dance 4 Dangerous/Deadly Jack".