Chapter Four: Moving Forward

Paige's POV

My bestfriend, Allie and her husband, the Blade, knocked on our apartment door She engulfed in a hug, as she always does when she sees me. "Good morning, besties!" She glances around me and sees a still sleeping Eddie, with a confused look on her face. "Oh i thought that was Max. You always ride with him".

"Not this time, bun. Hello Blade", I said, giving him small hug.

"Good morning, kiddo", he said.

"I was wanting to see if i could kidnap you for the day. We can go get coffee, workout, get food, and you know just hangout?", Allie said, sitting on my hotel room bed, swinging her feet off the side, like a kid. "Blade and Eddie have to go shoot some promo's anyway".

"When Eddie wakes up, that is", Blade said, sighing as he playfully tosses a pillow over Eddie's face. Eddie was heavy sleeper. He slept right through a tornado once that occured in Chikara. HIs snoring eased up some when he stopped drinking, and smoking so much.

"Yeah that sounds great", i said, grabbing my bag, and my phone. "Good luck with him, Blade", I said, motioning to Eddie. I kissed him on the cheek before Allie kissed blade on the lips.

"Text me and let me know how it goes", Allie said as we left the hotel, to Blade.

We hopped in their rental Jeep and drove to the nearest Dunkin Doughnuts to get my coffee there.(hot french vanilla, with three sugars). Then we drove to Starbucks for Allie's coffee. She ordered a grande pumpkin spice. "I can't believe you don't like Starbucks", Allie said, as we pulled up to the window.

"It's overrated", I said, in disgust. "Just like Goldberg. Too much hype. Their coffee is good, just not as good as everyone makes it out to be".

"I did'nt know someone could be bitter over coffe", Allie said, as the lady gave her her coffee.

"It's not the coffee, so much as it is the company", I mumbled, as i sipped my coffee. "I mean why is she a mermaid? Mermaid's don't drink coffee. It does'nt make any sense".

Allie shook her head, and sipped her coffee as we drove to a local Walmart. There we picked up some fruit bars for our breakfast, two bottles of water for our workouts, and a random small pack of a new limited edition of Oreo's.

Allie ran to pick them up, and begged me to do an oreo taste test for her vlog. i was going to say no, due to not wanting to break kayfaybe, but i remembered that fan's would'nt recognize me without my hair, nor makeup. "Fine, i will do it, but i want you to introduce me as my alias Kate Greene, a makeup artist for AEW", i said.

"You and your damn kayfaybe", Allie said, rolling her eyes. "BUt i get it, the level of stardom you have, plus the type of gimmick you have. You would loose a bunch of fans if the saw the real you. Plus, the fact that your completely opposite of your character". She touch my long natural sandy blonde hair. "Your charcter is like the goth phase every teenager goes through to the max". She smiled. "It's like Max's character. Rude, abnoxious, annoying, prick, but in real life he's the most sweet, kind, charming, friendly, gentleman you have ever met in your entire life". "Speaking of-".

"No, Allie. I don't want to talk about Max right now. I'm still kinda upset over what happened last night-", I said, looking down at my shoes.

"No, Paige, it's Max", Allie said, pointing over my shoulder. My head snapped around to see Max, staring at us, over the banna's. His hair was ruffled, and he looked as if he had just gotten out of bed. he was wearing a white tank top, and black gym shorts. He had his beat headset around his neck. He smiled, and waved at us, pushing his cart to approach us.

"Ladies", Max said, greeting us.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

"Shopping. I wanted to make a smoothie, so i got bannas, some blueberrys, strawberries, carrot juice, and i also got some eggs and cheese to make an omlette. Sorry", Max said, because he knows I hate eggs. "Allie, do you mind if i talk to Paige for a second alone?", Max asked.

Ethan Page came up behind Max and slapped him on the back. "There you are man! I had to grab a few things. You still stalking these two?", Ethan asked.

"You were stalking us"?, i asked.

"No! No, I was not", Max said.

"Yes you were. We were all the way on the other side of the store, and you practically ran over here.Talking about how you don't know if you should talk to her, and that you hope she's not still mad at you. It's actually really cute", Ethan said, smiling ear to ear, teasing Max.

"Ethan, you want to walk over here with me for a sec. I have some vlog questions i need to ask you", Allie said, tugging on Ethan's satin shirt.

"But, i just got here", Ethan whined. Allie gave him a stern look and pulled him to the next asile.

"I'm sorry about him, he's a jackass", Max said, blushing, with a nervous chuckle. "Paige, i can't express enough how sorry i am-".

-"Max, I know your sorry. I understand. I get it. Like i said, i just wish you would have given me a heads up. We have been best friends for a few years now, Max. We see each other everyday. We've worked together before. We've done great up until this point. I just want to move past this, learn, and be better. Tony is talking about how us working together with Wardlow is going to go on for at least a year, so we need to be on the same page. All three of us", i said, looking at him sternly.

"Your right. I'm a piece of shit", Max said, hanging his head.

"I did'nt say that", i said softly, lifting his chin with my finger. "I would never call you that", I said, hugging him.

"So your not mad at me anymore?", Max asked as he hugged me tightly.

"It's hard to stay mad at you, Max", i said, chuckling.

Max picked me up and spun me around. Max sat me on my feet and his hands lingered on mine.

"Hey, you two should kiss"!, Ethan yelled, peering over the next asile at us. Allie jumped up beside him and mouthed "sorry" at us, before she yanked him down. Ethan and Allie came to rejoin us.

"Max, would you like to be in my vlog? We're trying these new Oreo's?", Allie asked.

"Sure, but i got to be in character. So i gotta be a schmuck. You being Kate Greene?", Max asked. I nodded, smiling ear to ear. "You want a piggy back to the registers?", Max offered, squatting down. I hopped on and Allie hopped on Ethan's back as he pushed their cart and Max pushed ours.