The Fight

Legit the shortest and possibly the cringiest chapter, IT GETS BETTER I PROMISE 🤞

——————————————————————————————————————————————— 

〜No one's POV〜

"Surrender, brother!" Dream called to his brother on the other hill across from him, drawing his bow. Nightmare simply laughed, a signal for Dream. He'd done this many times over. Dream sighed, drawing his bow, and shot. Nightmare caught it easily with one of his tentacles and broke the arrow, throwing it down. Dust leapt towards swap, attempting an attack but he was prepared. Swap managed to fight off Dust before Error stepped in and set him straight.

 Dream was caught off guard when Killer attacked Dream, but had to leave shortly after due to almost dying by Cross. Most of them started leaving due to injury, but the main guardians still stood strong. Dream left shortly after with Cross to tend to their injuries, and Swap left because his brother needed him. It was down to Ink and Nightmare now.. 

Ink was grabbing his brush when Nightmare pierced through his abdomen with one of his tentacles. As if Ink hadn't noticed yet, he stayed standing before he quickly fell to his knees as he could no longer hold himself up. Blood suddenly started to trickle from his mouth. "So long, Ink." Nightmare smiled, Ink couldn't see it as he was trying not to pass out. He managed to look up and see Nightmare walking through a portal that an injured Dust had made. 

Ink had to lay on the ground to prevent more pain. *Thump* The grassy ground thumped, as if someone had stomped on it. "H-Hello?.." Ink tried to look up, but was instead met with more pain, he could barely see, but managed to make out a figure standing above him. "Err-or?" Ink stuttered, blinking a few times, trying to regain sight, but failed. 

"No, quite the opposite, actually." The figure spoke. That was the last thing Ink heard before passing out. The figure sighed, picking Ink up and opened another portal, walking through into a house. "Hey, Sage!.. Why are you carrying one of the mains..?" Someone from inside the house asked, their smile fading."He's Injured, and by the looks of it, Nightmare had happened." Sage explained.

 The other's face distorted into a disgusted snarl. "Nightmare.." She groaned. "Yep. Sage mumbled in agreement, walking into the living room and propping Ink up on the couch. Sage snapped her fingers and bandages manifested in her hand. Sage immediately started bandaging Ink. "I swear, they've been getting too reckless.." Sage mumbled, carefully checking for any other wounds.

"Well, Nightmare's gang has always been violent." the other person said, walking into their kitchen. "I know but, they nearly killed him, I mean- Look at him!" Sage grumbled, motioning towards Ink. The other sighed, now standing in the doorway to the kitchen. "Ivy, You can heal, right?" Sage asked, looking towards her. "I think so.." Ivy mumbled, looking at her hands. "Then?" Sage raised an eyebrow. "I can't heal wounds like that! It takes a lot out of me.." Ivy glanced over at the TV and sighed. "Can you do healing magic as well?" Ivy asked suddenly. Sage shook her head. "Shit.." Ivy muttered. Sage lit up. "Wait, Can't Kallie also do healing?" They asked.

"Well, she's my child, so.. I also taught her some healing." Ivy responded. "You can use half of your healing and Kallie can do the rest." Sage explained. "But Kallie doesn't have much experience. I haven't taught her all the things I know about healing, so it won't be as strong," Ivy tried reasoning, but changed her answer when Sage looked worried and frustrated. "but we can try." "I hope this'll work.." Sage mumbled under their breath. "Kallie!" Ivy called. "Yes, Mom?" Kallie called back. "Come here!" It was a few minutes before you could hear the sound of footsteps, Kallie was coming.

Kallie stopped at the top of the stairs. "Hey, hun. You know the healing I taught you?" Ivy asked. "Mhm?" Kallie hummed. "Time to try it on a real person." Ivy replied. "Wait, who's injured?" Kallie asked. Sage and Ivy stayed silent. "Mom?.. Don't tell me.." Kallie trailed off as Ivy nodded. Kallie sighed. "How bad is it?" She asked. 

"Nightmare.." Ivy mumbled. "Oh! Shit!" Kallie swore all the way down the stairs. She turned the couch corner and stopped. "It's Ink.." Kallie mumbled. "Yes, why?" Sage asked. "We have good news and bad news." Kallie said. "Good news first, please." Sage said. "Good news is, Ink is soulless, also a guardian so he won't die, he'll pass out for a few hours, maybe days before he wakes back up. Bad news is he still needs healing, and I just remembered, he has a possibility of dying since it was Nightmare." Kallie explained.

Sage sighed, "Ivy You ready?" Sage asked, turning to Ivy. "Yep.." Ivy said, obviously not ready. "Look–Ivy if you're not ready, we can wait-" Sage was cut off by Ivy. "No, it's fine. I have to anyway or Ink will die." Kallie and Ivy both walked over to Ink and started using their magic to heal him. Sage watched as both of their hands glowed a certain color, the magic twisting and swirling around their hands. "Is it working?" Sage asked. "Yes." Ivy replied quickly. Sage watched the underneath of the bandages glow a pinkish-green color. They suddenly stopped. "That's half of mine and Kallie's." Ivy said, holding her own hand.

"Sir?" Kallie asked, seeing if he'd respond. "Kallie, it doesn't work immediately, give it a few hours." Ivy told Kallie. She sighed, glancing around before suddenly speaking. "There's someone here."

——————————————————————————————————————————————— 

HHHHHHH IT'S DONE, TIME FOR CHAPTER 2 😭

Word count: 944