Chapter 2- Unlikely Friends

Ellard continued to sob quietly as he got to work in the attic. He knew who he was, he was Ellard, so why couldn't the world understand?! Why did the world keep telling him he was wrong? He couldn't stand his stepfamily but the only thing worse than them was.. Him. Although he knew he was a man, he kept trying to tell himself otherwise. He just wanted to be normal.. but "Ella" was not him. So how could he be normal if he didn't feel comfortable in his own skin.

He had finished swatting down all the mess, all he had left was the moss. He checked the time, he'd been up there for nearly 2 hours. He sat down as he inhaled and exhaled, catching his breath. That's when he noticed some familiar friends, the rats. They seemed worried so I crawled over to them, sprinkling some bread crumbs in front of them. After they finished eating I got back up, knowing I was limited on time. But this time, he had some help. The mice decided to repay him for his kindness, and they immediately went to work on the moss. It would be a lie if he said it was a little hard looking out for them, being careful not to step on them. Though, with their help, he finished in half the time! He thanked them by giving them each a small piece of cheese as they scurried away. It was true what people said, you really do make friends in unlikely places. Even if they were rodents.

Word count- 263

A/N Sorry this chapter was so short! My motivation is starting to get worse again, but I didn't want to leave you guys with nothing. Thanks for reading! :)