Chapter 2-The comeback

~1530~

The ottomans have brought some girls from Buda to the Topkapı Palace. One of the girls had a Turkish name, but wasn't very good in Turkish. Her name was Esma and she was around the same age as Şehzade Mehmet.

Hürrem Hatun, the sultan's favorite concubine and mother of his 4 children, decided to take the girl in her service.

"What's your name girl?" Asked Hürrem.

"My name is Esma, your highness." Said the little girl. She looked a lot like Şehzade Mehmet, but Hürrem didn't notice that yet. But the Valide Sultan noticed that she looked so much like him. But since Esma was in Hürrem's service, she didn't say anything.

~in the Valide's chambers ~

"Hatice, my beautiful daughter I'm so glad you came. We have to discuss something important." The Valide said as Hatice Sultan came in her mother's chambers.

"Validem is there something wrong? Has Hürrem done anything again?" Hatice Sultan asked worried.

"I think Esma Hatice is back in the palace." The Valide said quietly and also a little worried.

"Why do you think that? She was sent to Buda." Hatice Sultan was now very curious about what her mother was trying to tell her.

"They brought girls from Buda, and there's a little girl who's name is Esma."

"It doesn't mean anything if her name is Esma."

"She looks so much like my dear Mehmet, and she's around the same age as him." Said the Valide Sultan. As they were trying to figure out if the girl was Esma Hatice qn ağa named Sümbül came in. He was the most trusted ağa.

"Valide Sultanım! Is there anything you would like?" Sümbül Ağa asked the Valide Sultan with a lot of respect.

"Yes, bring me that girl Esma. Please." The Valide ordered tha ağa.

"As you wish Sultanım!" And with that Sümbül left to get the girl.