Chapter 1

Clad in white tailored shorts paired with the same color-haltered strappy backless top and a stiletto, Skye Monticello makes her way to the bar counter.

"One glass of martini please" Her soft smile was rewarded by a polite yet admiring one from the bartender.

"You're new here" He starts a conversation while preparing her drinks.

"Yes, and I'm excited about the new experience" Her charming smile bring out the little dimples beside her lips. But her best asset is her monolid eyes that disappear whenever she smiles or laughs. Usual for having an Asian mother.

"Enjoy" With a lingering smile, the bartender carefully serve her drink.

"Thank you" Her face brightens seeing the luscious liquid inside a delicate glass.

Taking a sip, her smile widens while she locks gazes with the bartender. Who in return smiles at her upon seeing her satisfied smile.

"Enjoy" He mumbles before turning to another customer who took his spot two seats apart from her.

With a charming smile, she carefully raises her glass to him before taking another sip. Her way of thanking him for the second time.

Looking at both of her sides, she finds the place decent. And while enjoying her drink, she keeps on taking a contended deep breath. She feels so proud of herself for what she had achieved recently.

She got her dream job and tonight she will celebrate her little success. Not just with a fine dinner and champagne but maybe a man for a night if she got luckier.

She came from a humble family but her parents are way too cool to let her explore life. And now, at twenty-two, she is an ocean apart from her homeland. Despite being alone in a foreign country, she is excited to be paving her way to the corporate world. As she always dreams about.

As a newbie, with limited experience, luck is on her side. She got the job as secretary of one of the executives in the Wright Group of Companies.

Who doesn't dream of being in WGC? They are everywhere. Even if she was offered as a janitor, she will happily grab the chance to work there.

"You're such a lucky girl, Sky" she's sheepishly smiling while mumbling to herself. The night is great and she is enjoying it.

The pub is not so crowded to her relief. Just like how she wanted though she has been looking forward to meeting new acquaintances.

"You're alone, honey?"

Disturbing her silent reverie is a handsome man in a coat and tie but she's not interested. Yes, she plans to have a hook-up tonight, but she will know when the right person comes.

"I'm fine, I'm waiting for my husband" casually, she replies. And her response immediately sent the man away after mumbling his apology.

"The men here are way too cool" Discreet with her astonishment, she mentally remarks. She wasn't expecting turning a man down to be this easy.

Taking a sigh, a contented smile graced her lips. Since her arrival in the country, she feels a different kind of freedom.

She can do whatever she likes here, no one knows her and she knows no one. It's exciting.

Sipping her drinks, she discreetly scans the entire room. And someone in the corner caught her attention. Like her, the man is alone with a scotch on the rocks in his hand. His faraway look tells how his thoughts are somewhere else.

She doesn't want to be intrusive by openly staring at him so she looks away. But for a reason unknown to her, her eyes seem to be magnetized by the aura the man is exuding. Her eyes voluntarily turn in his direction for the second time.