chapter 3

I come into class and see my place is taken by, Zara the mean and popular girl everyone has a crush on. How could they not? As I look at her I feel a pang of jealousy. Why can't I have those perfect brows? Why can't I have those thick plumped lips? Why can't I have those gorgeous brown siren eyes everyone drowns in? Why can't I be as beautiful as she is?

I look around the classroom to see a place which isn't taken so I can sit there. There's only 1 place free: the one next to Matt. Great. This I exactly what I needed. I put my stuff beside the schooltable and look up, only to find out he's staring at me. I ask: "can I sit here?"
"Sure" he says as a smirk appears on his face.

I'm listening to Mr. Smith as I feel someone staring at me. I look around the classroom and I see Zara glaring at me with a jealous look on her face. Zara  
Anderson, jealous of me? So ofcourse I have to take advantage of it. "Matt, could I borrow a pen from you?" "Ofcourse" Matt says as he immediately starts searching trough his pencil case. I look at Zara one last time and she looks like she's just seen a ghost. I smirk, putting my attention back to Mr.Smith.

When the lesson is over I hear everyone whispering behind my back. I immediately know there's something seriously wrong. I ask Natasha, who sits behind me in biologie and she says:" oh dear, haven't you heard? Everyone is talking about the rumor that Zara started. She said your dad hits you because he doesn't wants a weirdo as his daughter. What a horrible rumour right? Luckily it's just a rumour."

I don't know how it happened but suddenly I'm storming out of school. I don't want to be here with all these horrible people. Ofcourse I don't want to go home either. I'll just stay in the parc, feeding the ducks, clearing my mind.
I think about this as I hear someone yelling my name.