CHAPTER 2

It is five o'clock at night and my friends and superiors are setting me up with suits to avoid the radiation and 5 rucksacks to carry food in. I will be the first person in this bunker to breathe, ok, toxic but, real air. As the titanium door opens I take a deep breath and then move forward, ready to step out of the bunker. As the bunker was dug, I had to climb up as small steel stair case. When I reached the top, I remembered that this bunker had been built under a house. It was rather easy to find my way to the front door as nearly all the walls had been blown apart. I smashed though the door and caught my first breath of real air for twenty years. Then, I remembered what I was doing here. I still remember my way through the town even though most of it had been blown up. Finally, after about 5 minutes of walking, I reached the super market. I then opened my rucksack and revealed a sledgehammer. I wielded it above my head and brung it crashing down on the ex-automatic doors, shattering the glass. After putting it back in my rucksack, I crawled though the hole I'd made and ran towards the food aisle. I then unzipped my five rucksacks and started to pile tin after tin and fruit after fruit into them. After cramming as much food into them as possible, I turned around to leave. I rolled out of the super market and started to run towards the safety bunker.

I then saw something that surprised me. A house with its lights on. Extremely courois, I made my way towards the house. When I reached the door I slowly opened it. I scanned the room. Sitting on the table, was a red covered book with the words 'diary' on it in brown letters. I opened the dairy. This is what it said.