Prologue

Once upon a time before the concept of Region even exist, the group known as Divine Warriors appears. The humans considered them as gods, but in reality they are just humans with powers. The most popular and famous mountain is Irene the Matron. She is considered the most powerful among the Divine Warriors. She's the one who stop worse in the human history, helping people and keeping them from dangerous things like monsters, supernatural beings, and others. But is it really the truth? Is she actually do the protector of humanity, the true matron?

On the other side, we have Shad the Destroyer. Nobody knows the past of Shad, even himself. The first meeting between Irene and Shad is, well , not friendly at all. For thousands of years, they travel together, having many adventures and finally they fall in love.

One day after about 3000 years, Irene gathered other four individuals, Esmund, Enki, Menphia, and Kul'zak. In the secret meeting in a cave, Irene gave them each a relic. The other four Divine Warriors accepted while Shad felt something wrong. He confused he asked himself, "Where did Irene get this kind of power?" But he couldn't say anything to the power of the relic. Even though he felt suspicious, he reluctantly decided to continue to live as a Divine Warrior, not knowing that in the future, something bad will happen, it and involves him and his lover, Irene.

Unlike other Divine Warriors, Irene doesn't go through the cycle of reincarnation meaning she must be left behind, seeing how her friends die, to keep the world safe. Everyone knows you can only live for so long that you will finally lose your emotions, making you heartless. And this is the moment where Irene made mistakes that will haunt her forever.

"How could you do this Irene? Why is it must be her? Do you know what you have done?"
Shad angrily asked.

"I didn't want this to happen. I-I didn't know what I've done."
Irene replied back.

"SHE IS OUR DAUGHTER!!! She's not even four, yet you sacrifice her to make a relic? Is this how you make relics? Sacrificing other people souls, even I am not that ruthless, Irene. I know the limits of being evil and heartless."

"Pl-please, Shad. Yo-you gotta listen to m-"

"From all the people that you can turn to relic, why her? What are her sins to deserve this? And the worst part of all of this you made her into my RELIC?!!! How could you do that?"

"I-I didn't know what I was doing..."

" From this day forward, I don't want to have any relationship with you or the other Divine Warriors . I'm sick of being treated like a monster. But who is the real monster here, huh?"

Shad left the room. He was so pissed and angry. No, words are not enough to describe his pain. He just lost his own daughter, the other person that he could value in this damn world. It doesn't help with the other Divine Warriors. They hate him because of, well, his reputation. Well it was all humanity's faults. They thought that Shad was a monster. While in reality, they are the real monsters, especially Esmund, Enki, and Kul'zak. Menphia, on the other hand, is pretty rational and straightforward. Unlike other Divine Warriors, she didn't see Shad as a monster. Instead, she pitied him.

As time went by, Shad's relic making him more unstable. For about 9000 years after the first meeting of Shad and Irene, Esmund, Enki, and Kul'zak decided that Shad must die so the world will be free from darkness, and maybe Irene will learn to feel feelings again. But this is just for a selfish purpose. They are jealous of Shad because of Irene accepts his feelings for her. Menphia rejected that idea, but she was outvoted.

Unbeknownst to all of them, Shad learn about this betrayal, and he lost all of his humanity, becoming something that we all know as the Shadow Lord. This is the greatest battle of all time, Irene created the Irene dimension to trap Shad and battled him for a long, long time.

Finally, Shad was defeated and his relic was broken, shattered across realms, even his body.
But this action actually caused nothing. Irene still feels emotionless and the darkness of the world still there.

And when the time came where the other Divine Warriors must go through the cycle of reincarnation, Irene came to Hyria. She sealed her memories in the Irene dimension. It is said that she will return when the world needs her.

And we all know what happened, Irene, reborn as Aphmau, become the person that we all know and love, but Shad? No one knows what happened to him, even after he got all of his relic pieces and acquired a physical body. No one knows where he is right now.

So is that it? Is this the end of the history of the Divine Warriors? No, this is just the beginning, or more specifically, this is the new chapter of the Divine Warriors.

Hey guys, this is Author speaking. So I decided to make a new fanfiction about Aphmau because, well, she is my favorite YouTuber and I am interested with Irene and Shad history.

I don't know how long this fanfiction will go and the schedule, but I'll just do my best. See you!