what now? (yr 2)

Sophie had been at Hogwarts long enough to make a name for herself as one of the brightest students in Slytherin. She had also made a few friends, but none of them had really clicked with her the way Tom Riddle had. She missed him, even though she knew he was bad news.

One day, while she was studying in the library, she heard a commotion outside. Curious, she went to investigate and found a group of students gathered around a tall, dark-haired boy with a cocky grin on his face. It was Matteo Riddle, Tom's younger brother.

Sophie had heard about Matteo before. He was the school bad boy, always getting into trouble and breaking hearts. But there was something about him that intrigued her. Maybe it was the way he carried himself, or the way he seemed to know everyone's secrets.

As she watched him, he caught her eye and smirked. "What are you looking at, princess?" he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Sophie bristled at the nickname, but she couldn't deny that there was something about Matteo that drew her in. "Just wondering what all the fuss is about," she said, trying to sound casual.

Matteo shrugged. "Just some stupid prank I pulled. Nothing worth your time."

Sophie raised an eyebrow. "I doubt that. You seem to enjoy causing trouble."

Matteo grinned. "Guilty as charged. But you know what they say, the bad boys are always more fun."

Sophie rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help but smile a little. There was something about Matteo that made her feel alive, like she was finally breaking free from the strict rules and expectations that had always held her back.

Over the next few weeks, Sophie and Matteo started to spend more time together. They would meet up in secret places around the castle, talking for hours about everything and nothing. Matteo was surprisingly easy to talk to, and Sophie found herself opening up to him in ways she never had with anyone else.

But there was always a sense of danger around Matteo, a feeling that he was hiding something. Sophie tried to ignore it, telling herself that she was just being paranoid. But as she got to know him better, she realized that there was a darkness in him that she couldn't ignore.

One night, as they were sitting by the lake, Matteo opened up to her about his family. He told her about his father, who had abandoned them when he was young, and about his brother Tom, who had become obsessed with power and control.

Sophie listened, feeling a sense of empathy for Matteo. She knew what it was like to have a difficult family life, and she wanted to help him in any way she could.

But as they were talking, they were interrupted by a group of Slytherin students who had come looking for Matteo. They were angry about one of his pranks, and they wanted revenge.

Sophie tried to intervene, but it was too late. The students attacked Matteo, and he fought back with a ferocity that scared her. In the end, he was the one standing, but he was covered in bruises and cuts.

Sophie helped him back to his dormitory, feeling a sense of guilt and fear. She had been so caught up in her own feelings for Matteo that she had ignored the warning signs. She knew that she needed to be careful around him, but she couldn't deny that she still felt drawn to him.

As she left his room, she made a promise to herself. She would be there for Matteo, but she wouldn't let him drag her down with him. She had worked too hard to escape her past, and she wasn't going to let anyone take that away from her.

Sophie continued to study hard, and she made new friends who supported her in her goals. She still saw Matteo around the castle, but she kept her distance, knowing that he was too dangerous for her to get too close.

She still felt drawn to him though was it just because he's Tom's infamous little brother or something that extends deeper than that?

Sophie smiled to herself, feeling a sense of pride and satisfaction. Life at Hogwarts was going to be a wild ride, but it was going to be worth it.