Present : Special Day [End]

[ 31st March ]

Everything had been prepared meticulously. She had skillfully orchestrated her parents' departure from Teahyung's residence. Surprisingly, this proved easier than anticipated. Her parents had ventured out for dinner with long-standing companions, while Hoseok had arranged to pick them up and convey them straight to the airport. All that remained for her was to safely exit the premises and ensure she caught her flight on time. At eight o'clock, the mansion's staff would leave for their dinner, creating the opportune moment for her to slip away, unnoticed.

With twenty minutes remaining, she had efficiently packed her small bag when the intrusion of an unexpected guest disrupted her efforts.

"Are you planning a journey, Hye Jin?"

"Teahyung, you? No, not at all. I was simply about to change into my nightclothes. What brings you here at this hour?"

His playful response followed, "Your voice, after such a hiatus, is a pleasant surprise. Should I be suspicious?"

"Oh, nothing of the sort."

Their exchange was interrupted by her phone ringing, breaking the tension between them. Initially fearing it might be Hoseok, she was surprised to see an unknown number.

"Jin, you should answer the call."

With no alternative, she complied and learned that Hoseok had been involved in an accident. His injuries were severe, and her parents were also in a precarious situation.

"Teahyung, we must rush to the city hospital immediately. My parents, Hoseok, the accident-please, let's go quickly," she implored, breathless.

Her plea was met with a calm rebuke, "My dear, had you not pursued that ill-conceived plan, perhaps this calamity could have been averted. I warned you repeatedly, did I not?"

Facing him squarely, she realized, "You knew-all of this, you were behind their misfortune, weren't you?"

A wry smile graced his lips as he admitted, "My dear, some lessons can only be learned through adversity. Your evasion, your attempt to flee-it was a modest lesson in the extent of my capabilities."

"Why subject them to such torment? If you were aware or cared, you could have stopped me or warned me about my plan. You're selfish, Teahyung. I'll never marry you."

"Sugar, you miss the point. Simplify matters, and all three can find safety. Just marry me without complications, be the wife I seek, and everything will be fine."

"Alright, I'll comply with your wishes. But for now, allow me to visit the hospital."

That night, he didn't reject her proposal. Hoseok underwent serious surgeries, while her father attended her wedding in a wheelchair. It was a harsh lesson, teaching her to accept life with him without protest.

Though it might be an initially loveless union, Teahyung remained confident he could regain her trust and love. It would take time, but he was convinced that his determination would triumph, as there was no force that could thwart him.

____________________________________

While I'm aware the conclusion is relatively brief, I aimed to maintain a captivating narrative pace.

Did you enjoy the story? How was the last chapter? If so, I kindly invite you to vote, comment, and share it with friends who might share your appreciation.

Thank you for taking the time to read. ❤️