Epilogue

17th July 2018

"Leah? Leah... Wake up, child"

I woke up rubbing my eyes. Mom is sitting beside me on the bed. She is all ready to catch the flight. She hugged me tightly before I could say anything.

"Good Bye, Leah. I will come to take you after this session ends, okay?"

She kissed me on my forehead.

"Don't forget to call me every day"

I say smiling. I want her to leave with a light heart.

She is free now after all. I guess the court case for the Divorce will be enforced after a month or so.

I waved her bye from the main entrance with Pops and Granny. Dad was not here.

I decided to skip school today.

"Take the medicines properly now"

I heard Granny's voice from their room. I am currently sitting in the living room doing some Math. Pops has always been a mischievous person, ready to do anything that is not supposed to be done but in a good and fun way.

I got a text from Mom. She reached the Airport.

The bell rang and I went to open the door to find Dad standing there.

He got in. I was angry with him. 

Disgusted. 

Hurt.

He cannot be the man I adored so much.

After an hour or so, he walked downstairs with three bags. I frowned at him when he stood in the doorway looking at me.

"Leah, everything that is happening has nothing to do with you. You are my daughter no matter what"

I look back at my copies, tears rolling down my cheeks. Why did all this have to happen?

"You are a grown-up girl now. Love has nothing as such to right or wrong"

"So you never loved Mom?"

I say standing up.

"It was an arranged marriage girl, you already know that"

He said with a heavy sigh.

"Then you did nothing wrong?"

I stand in front of him with red eyes.

"Who are we to judge? You should always remember, Dad loves you. That's all"

He said putting his hand on my head.

"But that is not what I want! I want my life back together, Dad. Like it has always been"

He smiled.

"You were shown a life that was perfect but now it's time for you to actually accept the life you own, the not-so-perfect one. I know my Leah can go past all this"

He left without saying anything further.

The door closed behind him.

"No wait... Dad! stop..."

I shouted and sat abruptly on the floor.

I heard Granny coming downstairs.

"STOP!"

I cried out loud one last time.

I keep sobbing on the floor. I feel her hands rubbing my shoulder. I glanced at the stairs, Pops is staring at the closed door, clutching on the cloth over his chest.