2

𝑰 𝑯𝑨𝑽𝑬 been lying in bed and staring blankly at the ceiling for the last two hours. I still cannot believe that Charles is marrying Marie, more like I don't want to. Anyways I really shouldn't care that they are getting married, what we used to have was ages ago and now I don't even think we consider friends.

˖

I am currently heading to the living room when I see something, more like someone that surprised me. Marie is sitting in my living room talking to my parents. "What are you doing here?" I ask, how I said it probably sounded rude, but I would be surprised if I expected more after the news I found out recently.

"I want to talk Amelie." oh so now she wants to talk, what's up with everyone wanting to talk to me recently? "There is nothing to talk about, so please just leave me alone."

"Look I know it is hard for you to see me and Charles together, but we are happy and I think that this is all that matters," I swear she is testing my patience right now.

"I wish you all the best Marie, I am not going to deny that what I had with Charles in the past was important to me, but it is in the past and is far forgotten. "

"Just do not try to get in between us, because we are going well and I have given him everything you couldn't give to him, so please do not try to ruin our relationship!" this is what all of this is about, me ruining her marriage. "He has chosen the woman of his life, so there is no reason for you to feel like I am a threat to all of this!" I am yelling at her at this point, but I am so freaking mad right now.

"I do not fear you ruining my life and marriage, I fear you not being able to give Charles everything he deserves." I have no idea where she is going with this.

"What I mean is that I fear you! I fear Charles deciding he loves you again and tearing apart everything I have been trying to build all this time and all the feelings towards you that I have been trying so hard to make him forget, coming back! So no I do not fear your actions, I only fear what Charles is feeling toward you." damn that is a lot

"I am so sorry for making you doubt your soon-to-be husband, but I just want to say that everything I have ever felt for him is in the past." with that being said Marie stormed to my front door.

˖

After all the drama with Marie today I needed a distraction from everything that has happened since returning to Monaco, so I decided to take Arthur's offer earlier today and go clubbing with him and his friends. I am currently getting ready and now I have to be honest and say that I haven't been to a club way longer than a normal twenty-four-year-old would. I have got a really bad feeling about tonight, but I still think it's better than staying at home.

When I had already gotten ready I called Arthur to pick me up and we headed to the club. "Who are we going with, again?" I asked just to make sure that there are not going to be faces I have been trying to avoid at all costs. "Just us, a few friends of mine and Charles' and him and Marie." you have got to be kidding me, he did not mention his brother and his fiancé coming when he asked me to go out and have some fun tonight.

"What's wrong with Charles and Marie coming, Mels?" oh boy

"Well, earlier today Marie gave me a visit, and let me tell you that it wasn't a welcoming one..." For a second I thought about saving a thing or two to myself, but I trust Arthur and I know he won't tell a thing to anyone. "And she told me how she felt like I was a treat to her relationship with Charles, how he was going to get back to me, and things like this."

"I mean she has a point of being jealous, but I have known you all my life and I know you won't try to ruin what they have been creating all this time."

"Let's forget about this, this night is about having fun!" I said as we entered the club looking for the others and when we found them I saw him. He looked gorgeous under the lights of the projectors and he of course had his arm wrapped around Marie. "Hello, guys!" he greeted us smiling.

After what felt like years of awkwardly sitting at a table with the happy couple, I headed to the bar, so the real party can start. "Hey young lady, what can I get you?" asks the bartender "A Martini please." the guy is kind of cute and he is definitely interested in me, but I don't feel any kind of attraction towards him.

Three Martinis later and probably a hundred tries of some random guys wanting to get my number, I head to the bathroom so I can freshen up. Looking at myself in the mirror makes me realize that I'm tipsy, my hair is messed up like I've made out with someone and my mascara is ruined because I washed my face. After I freshened up and fixed my hair, I left the bathroom only to be pushed back in.

"Leave me alone or I won't hesitate to kill you!" I scream trying to hit the burglar with my bag, only to see that the burglar is Charles "What the hell Charles, what were you thinking!" judging by the fact that I was screaming like crazy, I am surprised that no one still has not called the police.

"I need to talk to you" How many times do I have to tell him that I don't need to talk about anything with him "There is nothing to talk about, now leave me alone," I said and started walking out, but then Charles shoved me into the bathroom again. "Just give me five minutes."

"Okay, but don't waste my time, because you've only got five minutes."