JIN AND JISOO!

24 DECEMBER 2022

JISOO'S POV

Today we have our Korean unit test and ma'am has made a new seat arrangement. Since we have to sit roll number wise, I got the perfect seat as Jennie will sit just infront of me and Jin will sit beside me.

After giving the test, we all began to discuss all the answers.

I and my friend were talking and I suddenly looked down to see water spilled over the floor, I turned my head to see that the water came from Jin's bottle which was leaking.

"Jin!... JIN!", I shouted as he ran towards me to see water spilled all over the floor. 

He called the maid to clean the water and sat somewhere with a friend for the time.

After the water dried up he came back to sit with me. Generally, in such circumstances, children go to sit with their friends finding the spilled water a perfect excuse to change their seat. But Jin came back to sit with me. Why? Why does he want to sit with me?

Later, I asked Jin, "Do you like Irene?"

He turned his face around to hide his blush and did not reply.

Then I said, "Yeri has told me that you like Irene".

"It's not like that" he said.

Hmmm.... He seems to be lying to me. Maybe he doesn't want me to know.

That day we kept joking and had fun together and laughed the whole day. Especially, when ma'am asked the question, "Why does the poet like the rainy season?", Jin jokingly said (in a low voice, so that the teacher can't hear), "Ma'am because in the rainy season, the poet's wife goes to her home and he likes to be alone". 

That day when the teacher checked the Korean unit test papers and distributed them, we found that, Taehyung, Jin, Jennie and I had all got full marks (20/20).

At the last class something funny happened. 

Mrs. Nayeon asked the students who had not brought their maths notebook to write a note in their dairy that they had not brought their maths notebook.

When she come to sing a student's diary, she shouted, "Don't you know what is the date today, you have written 26, your Christmas was yesterday!" and all the students laughed.

After signing his diary, she came to sign Jin's diary and scolded, "You also don't know the date! Today is 24 not 23!" and we laughed again.

After she signed Jin's diary, he sat down and I asked him, "What date did you write on the unit test paper?"

"I think I wrote 23rd only" he replied.

Seeing us talking, Mrs. Nayeon shouted, "JIN AND JISOO!" and we giggled.

After school got over, we all went back home. 

After having my afternoon lunch, I opened my tablet to see that Jin had sent me a few messages.

*IN CHAT*

JIN : HI

I AM JIN.

I DON'T LIKE IRENE.

I JUST TOLD THAT TO YERI TO CHECH IF I COULD TRUST HER.

ME : YEAH, IT'S OKAY.

JIN : BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE.

ME : OKAY, I WILL NOT TELL ANYONE ANYONE ABOUT IT.

JIN : AT LEAST ONE GIRL CAN BE TRUSTED.

ME : WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

DO YOU....

JIN : WHAT?

ME : NEVERMIND

JIN : BYE 

ME : BYE

*END OF CHAT*

What does he mean? Am I the only girl he can trust? Or does he like me instead? Let's leave it for now.

NEXT DAY

I didn't go to school today since I had to study at home. After sometime I received a message from Jin.

*IN CHAT*

JIN : HI

GOOD NEWS

YOUR BESTIE GOT FULL MARKS (20/20) IN COMPUTER TEST HELD EARLIER 

AND ME AND YERI ALSO

I THINK YOU GOT 18 OR 19.

ME : THANKS FOR TELLING.

PLEASE DON'T MESSAGE ME REGULARLY SINCE IF MY PARENTS SAW ME CHATTING WITH A BOY, I MIGHT GET SCOLDED.

JIN : I CAN UNDERSTAND.

ME : BYE

JIN : BYE

*END OF CHAT*

Later when I told Jennie about it, she said that she thinks that Jin has a crush on me. I thought the same too. But it didn't matter to me, since I didn't have a crush on Jin.

SOMEWHERE IN JANUARY 2023

"Winter, I wanted to talk to you about something" I said as we towards the backside of the classroom so that no-one could hear us.

I told her the whole story about me and Jin.

But she said that Jin messages her too and it's normal as Jin has a cheerful personality and he doesn't have a crush on me.

I was relieved hearing this.