When Alastor woke up he was on a soft surface, and he felt like his eyelids were sewn shut. He couldn't feel his limbs, and he felt like he had a 1000 pound weight on his chest as he lay there, unable to move. He heard voices. At first, they were blurry, but they slowly began to become clear.

"Is he going to wake up? He's been out for four days already." Angel's voice sounded tired and broken.

Three days? That was impossible, it felt like he'd only been out for half an hour at the least.

"I hope so. Whatever poison was in those bullets really did a number on him." Charlie's voice.

Alastor wanted to tell them that he was awake, that he was ok, but he couldn't because his mouth wouldn't open, and he knew the words wouldn't have formed in his throat anyway. The voices began to blur together again, and then he fell back into the darkness.

***

When he woke up again, the paralyzing weight was gone, and he could feel all his limbs. He didn't open his eyes yet though, breathing in the familiar air of the hotel's hospital wing. Someone opened the curtain and dragged their feet as they approached his bed, sitting in the chair beside it.

"Hey Al, it's Anthony. I don't know if you can hear me, but you've been out for almost a month now.
We all miss you, and I'm sorry I shot you. Edward is tied up in the basement. He tried to apologize once but I slapped him and walked away. You'd be proud of me." He chuckled.

Alastor felt a hand squeeze his. He put all his energy and effort into one movement, and gently squeezed back. Angel gasped in surprise, standing abruptly.

"Aron?! Are you awake?" He sounded almost frantic, like he needed Alastor to wake up. And maybe he did.

Unfortunately, Al has used all his energy up on that simple action, and he felt his body going heavy again. He didn't want to go back to sleep, he wanted to open his eyes and hold his lover, but he was already too far gone.

***

This time, when he woke up he immediately knew it was a dream. He was standing barefoot in a forest, and then he realized he was back in his human form. He spun around, calling out to Anthony. The familiar man appeared beside him, laughing. They were younger, still boys.

"Come on slowpoke, race ya!" Anthony ran through the trees, and Aron chased after him, laughing.

They ran for a bit, and then Anthony took a sharp turn. When Aaron went to follow him, he realized that he'd disappeared.

"Tony? Where did you go?!" He called out, but his voice echoed back to him. He spun around again, his heart racing with fear. Suddenly, the forest around him went up in a blaze, and he cried out in fear. He ran from the growing flames, his bare feet pounding against the earth as he leapt over legs and dodged branches. Suddenly, he wasn't in the forest anymore. He was standing in his living room, and his father was towering over him.

"This is for your own good son." The tall and terrifying man raised his fist, and Aron screamed as it flew at his face.

But just before the ringed hand collided with his jaw, he woke up sharply, sweat beading out of every pore and his heart still racing with fear. He was laying in the hospital bed, but the chair beside it was empty. He sat up, rubbing his face. He was wearing a gray t-shirt and boxers, and he wondered who had changed him. He swung his legs over the sledge of the bed, feeling the cold tile on his bare feet. He pulled the IV out of his arm and stood, taking a second to gain his balance. He found one of Angel's hoodies draped over the back of the chair, and he pulled it over his head, being surrounded by his lover's familiar scent.

He walked through the almost empty hospital wing and slipped through the door and stepped back out into the lobby. It was quiet, and the grandfather clock on the wall said that it was 3 in the morning. He tiptoed up the stairs and to the room he shared with Angel, pushing the door open to peek inside. Angel was asleep, snoring a little, with Fat Nuggets in his arms. He silently stepped into the room and shut the door behind him, taking off the hoodie and smiling with adoration as he crawled into the bed and slipped under the covers. He gently wrapped his arms around Angel's waist, burying his face in his fur. He relaxed into the familiar embrace, and quickly drifted into a dreamless sleep.

Sry for the short update.
Have a good day :)