chapter one

Cameras were flashing,
People were rushing to see the unfolding drama take place. Outside the courthouse right on the doorstep lay a sight that made stomachs churn.

It all started earlier that morning. It was meant to be a quick court session. Grumpy judge Simmons was about to sentence  Barry Havethroug to the electric chair. Quick and easy thought Simmons he had been doing this for twenty five years.

Everyone in the room was ready to leave. The long fought Meredith versus Havethroug case had been won. It gave everyone relief that the town's terrorist would finally be brought to book. The youngsters jeered and laughed all the adults finally had peace of mind.

Everyone was so sure Havethroug was the killer. He had robbed houses, he had raped women, just last year he had sent two of his children to the ICU. Why? because he felt like it. He was arrested countless times but he got out, he always did.

His luck ran out when his sperm was found on the mangled body of Alissa Paula Meredith four months ago. The press drank it all in and made his trial a national  event. He refused to plead guilty because, in his words, he'd "never kill a girl" those words didn't make a dent on his plight.

Things got worse for him the following weeks, his ten prints were matched with the kitchen knife that the press said was the primary weapon. Then it was revealed by the next press release that Alissa was once his girlfriend. He had divorced his wife a few days before the murder. Much to her relief. They had tried to contact her but it was said that his ex wife was "unavailable at the moment"

Now it was over, it was the end. At least, that was what everyone thought.
Then it happened.
A shriek was heard outside the courtroom bringing the session to an abrupt halt. Even Simmons looked worried. Someone barged into the room overcome with shock. He begged someone to go outside.

Then everyone saw it,
A body lay lifeless on the doorstep. At least the remains of one. There were no arms or legs, and there wasn't a single hair on it's faceless head. Black clumps of blood oozed out of the places where the missing parts were. Almost everyone on the scene had surrendered their breakfast well except the reporters. They would all be getting promoted. This would probably be the biggest scoop of the year.

"Ruling adjourned... everyone get out" yelled Simmons anxious to get out of there. Everyone rushed out of the room. Barry was dragged back into the patrol car.
As the body was being bagged and the place taped people cried and wretched. Then the news spread everywhere.

_________________________________

BREAKING NEWS, Faceless limbless body found at the doorstep of the state courthouse Philadelphia . Investigation is currently ongoing. The culprit will surely be brought to book.

She turned off the TV, a manic laugh echoed all over the room.
She ran her hands through the Auburn hair on her lap. So soft.
Her hands then wandered into the smooth skin sprawled out on the table. Very shiny alabaster skin. Gorgeous simply gorgeous.
Her lips curled into a satisfied smile. Happy with her work.

She had done it,
Her work was famous once again.
She buttoned up her coat and took on last glance before she headed out the door...