Part 1:The Invitation

Sarah sat in her bedroom, staring at the ornate envelope in her hand. It was made of heavy cream-colored paper and sealed with a wax stamp bearing an elegant "B". She flipped it over to read the front, where she saw her name written in a spidery, looping script. She frowned, feeling a flicker of unease in the pit of her stomach.

"What's wrong?" Sophia asked, peering over Sarah's shoulder. "Is that an invitation?"

Sarah nodded, still studying the envelope. "Yeah, but I don't know who it's from. It just says 'You're Invited' and there's no return address or anything."

"Ooh, mysterious," Ava chimed in, looking intrigued. "What does it say you're invited to?"

"A game night," Sarah replied, reading from the invitation. "It says, 'Join us for a night of puzzles, games, and fun at Blackwood Manor.'"

"Blackwood Manor?" Sophia repeated, her eyebrows raised. "Isn't that the old mansion on the edge of town? The one that's been abandoned for years?"

Sarah nodded again, feeling her unease growing. "Yeah, that's the one. And look at this." She pointed to the bottom of the invitation, where she saw a handwritten note. "It says, 'Wear your best outfit and bring your wits. You're in for a night to remember.'"

"Well, that sounds like fun," Ava said, grinning. "I'm in!"

Sophia looked more hesitant. "I don't know, guys. This seems kind of creepy. Who would send an invitation like this?"

"I don't know," Sarah admitted, "but I'm curious. And it's not like we have anything else to do on a Friday night. Come on, let's go check it out."

And so, with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension, the three friends set out for Blackwood Manor, not realizing the night of puzzles and games they were about to embark on would be like nothing they had ever experienced before.