Continue 2

"The first game is a simple puzzle," Edward continued. "But, as you will soon discover, there is more to the game than meets the eye."

The puzzle was a simple jigsaw puzzle, and the group quickly finished it. But, as soon as they finished, the lights went out.

"What's going on?" Sophia asked, panicked.

"Don't worry," Edward said. "It's all part of the game."

Suddenly, a spotlight came on, illuminating a small table in the center of the room. On the table was a mysterious box.

"Your next challenge," Edward said. "Is to solve the puzzle of the box."

The group huddled around the box, trying to figure out how to open it. It seemed impossible at first, but then Sarah noticed a small clue hidden in the design of the box. With the clue, the group was able to solve the puzzle and open the box.

Inside the box, there was a key with a note attached. The note read, "Congratulations, you have solved the first puzzle. Now, the real game begins."

The lights came back on, and the group was left feeling even more curious and intrigued. However, they couldn't shake the feeling that something sinister was at play.

"I don't like this," Sophia said, shivering. "Something's not right."

"Relax," the detective said. "It's just a game. And we're all in this together."

But Sarah and her friends couldn't help but feel that there was something more to the game than just puzzles. They started to suspect that there was a darker purpose behind Edward Blackwood's invitation, and they vowed to keep their wits about them.