𝟸.

𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃
𝟹𝚁𝙳 𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽

| 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨, 𝐈𝐋 | 𝟸:𝟶𝟶𝙿𝙼

𝟸:𝟶𝟶𝙿𝙼

𝙹𝙰𝙽𝚄𝙰𝚁𝚈 𝟻𝚃𝙷

✿✿

Peace was watching a basketball game on tv, as Haze rested beside him as for Symonè. Lauren was running errands with Imani and her mother, while he chilled with the kids. Peace enjoyed being home with the kids, when he wasn't overseas playing ball.
He'd take this over playing ball any day.

A car horn chirped nearby, signaling a car being locked. Peace slowly stood to his feet, before approaching the front door. He looked through the peephole to see Lauren, Imani and their mother Penny.
He unlocked the door before opening it, as for the screen-door before opening that as well. "Hi baby!" Lauren greets Peace with a quick kiss before entering the house, she seemed in a better mood.

He greeted Imani and his mother in law, before locking up behind them. That's when Symonè woke up. Peace made his way towards her, before gently picking her up to coddle her. "It's okay, it's okay." He rocks her gently in his arms, as she falls back asleep quickly.
"I'll see you guys later." Jelissa says her goodbyes as does Imani before leaving out. Lauren comes up behind Peace, and wraps her arms around him. "Someone's in a good mood." She giddily chuckles, "I am, we went out for brunch then went shopping. And I had a great time."

"Good." It's now rare for Lauren to get out, so when she does she makes her to go all out. Or close to it, whichever comes first. "What'd you get, from shopping?"

"Some lingerie, makeup, some things for the kids. Some stuff for you." When shopping she'll get a little bit of everything, some for herself, something for Peace and the kids. Which she doesn't do as often as she would like to.

"Sounds good babe. Did you eat? I made lunch." Peace continued the conversation while gently rocking Symonè while she slept, "I ate, imma go put the stuff away then take a bath." She kisses his cheek quickly before scurrying upstairs. Peace smiled to himself to see her in a better mood knowing she deserves to feel good. Even if it's temporary.

✿✿

𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃
𝟹𝚁𝙳 𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽

| 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨, 𝐈𝐋 | 𝟽:𝟶𝟿𝙿𝙼

𝟽:𝟶𝟿𝙿𝙼

𝙹𝙰𝙽𝚄𝙰𝚁𝚈 𝟻𝚃𝙷

✿✿

Her dark curls cascades down her shoulders, brushing them out gently. Staring back her reflection in the mirror, on the other side was someone who was unrecognizable.
Tears forming in her eyes, her bottom lip trembled as a ball began to form in her throat trying to hold back tears.

What was wrong? She had a great day, a ball even. She was with her sister and mother, they got their nails done, went to brunch. Went shopping and ran a couple errands before going home.

Her cheeks grew wet as tears fell from her eyes, a rosy color forming from her cheeks up due to how quickly she became overwhelmed and upset. "The fuck is wrong with me?" Her trembling voice spoke as she continued crying to herself.

A hard knock sounded on the bathroom door, "Babe I cooked dinner, I fed the kids. I need to get in the bathroom to bathe them." Quickly wiping her eyes, she turned on the faucet to splash some water on her face. Making sure her eyes weren't as puffy and glossy, she did one more look over before turning the faucet off.

She unlocked the door and twisted the knob to open it, coming face to face with Peace. He scanned her face as she tried to move past her. Before he could speak, she started.

"What'd you cook? It smells amazing." He pursed his lips together, "Chicken parm." Her favorite meal, actually the first meal he cooked her when they moved in together. The meal they ate on their first date. A very special meal.

"Can't wait to eat it." Moving past him and into their shared bedroom, she notices her phone lit up on the nightstand. Going over to pick it up, she clicks the side button to turn it on. Monet's name comes across her screen as for two messages.

𝙼𝙾𝙽𝙴𝚃
hey babes
you busy? I need a favor

She already knew the favor, to watch the kids which she didn't want to do. Deciding to just leave the message unread, she locked her phone and left it alone.

✿✿

After the kids had their bath, and Peace cleaned the kitchen. He put the kids down for the night.

Him and Lauren, were now in bed together watching reruns of 'Love & HipHop'. "You was crying earlier, what was wrong?" Peace brought up, catching her off guard.
"I'm fine, I think I'm getting my period. Just emotional, is all." Which wasn't the full truth, she was getting her period but that wasn't the reason for her sudden breakdown.

"Monet reached out to me." She quickly changed the subject, "Why?"

"Probably to watch the kids, which I wasn't doing. I never responded." Since having the baby, she's been having trouble maintaining relationships such as her marriage. "Oh."

"How's your postpartum going?" She shook her head, "Still the same." She just knew that if she explained further then that'll open up a conversation that she didn't want to have tonight. Or at all for that matter. "How were the kids?"

"Pretty good, Haze was asking for you though. Symonè was asleep for the most part." She nods her head listening to him. She missed her kids, which is unfortunate due to her feeling a strong disconnect from them. It's just easier for Peace to take care of them.

"Eventually I'm gonna have to go back, and you'll be home with the kids." ALONE. A stinging feeling appeared in her chest at the thought of being alone with the kids, for months on end.

When Peace goes back to play ball overseas, he'll be gone for months on end. Possibly a year or so.

It hasn't dawned on her that he'll he gone, until he actually leaves. Until she's alone in the house by herself, alone with her thoughts. NEGATIVITY.

She didn't want to be alone, even though she feels like her marriage is going through a rough patch. It wasn't visible, to her it was.

"Babe?" No longer in a daze, she blinked several times before returning her attention onto Peace. "I'm sorry. What'd you say?"

A neutral expression on his face, "I said, will you be okay with that? Being home with the kids?" Swallowing back tears, and any other feelings she faked a smile. Something she's done a dozen times over.

"Yes, I'll be fine."

✿✿

Authors Note
Thoughts?