Chapter 1: Robots in Disguise

Optimus Primal was the first Maximal to emerge from the CR chamber in his new holoform. While he was still in beast mode, the holoform created a type of shielding that prevented anything from interfering with his beast mode parts, making it seem as though his holoform was actually his real body.

Primal's holoform was a slightly pale humanoid creature with a build similar to his robot mode's own, having muscular arms, legs, and torso. His green eyes were still there, but were organic ones now. He also had short black hair. However, it appeared that part of his beast mode melded with the design of his holoform, as Optimus Primal had gorilla-like feet. His entire arms, besides his palms and fingers, were covered in black hair, resembling fur in a way. For clothing, Optimus wore a pair of white athletic shorts and a white short-sleeved shirt, both of which had red trims. He was also wearing armor plating on his chest, which showed off his Maximal insignia just beneath his collarbone. And finally, he was sporting protective plating around the bottom of his head, featuring a retractable silver faceplate.

"Hmm . . . Interesting," Primal hummed as he retracted his faceplate, flexing his fingers as he examined his new form. Considering it was much like both his beast and robot forms, he was used to its look already.

"Interesting?" Cheetor, the next Maximal out of the CR chamber, said. "Optimus, the word is 'spot-on-smooth.'" Cheetor then went on to admire his own holoform's reflection along the CR chamber's hatch.

Cheetor's holoform was about a foot and a half shorter than Primal's. He wasn't as muscular as Optimus was, though was still strong-looking, and had green eyes like him too. He also had short, brownish-blond hair and was slightly younger-looking compared to Optimus Primal, sporting some freckles on his face. He also sported a yellowish-orange spotted jacket with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a pair of black, fingerless gloves. Beneath his jacket was a grey t-shirt with armor padding and the Maximal insignia on his chest. For pants he wore a pair of black running shorts with yellow trims along with a pair of grey sneakers with some cheetah spots. And finally he had a cheetah's tail coming from his tail bone.

"That's three words, Cheetor," Airazor corrected the young Maximal as she stepped out of the CR chamber. "And, as long as we blend in, it doesn't matter how we look."

Airazor's holoform was a more feminine take on Cheetor's basic body structure, though she stood a few inches higher than the young Maximal. Aside from the differences in her physique, she sported green eyes, slightly tanned skin, and long, golden-blond hair tied back in a ponytail. She was wearing a brown, sleeveless leather jacket along with a golden t-shirt and a necklace with the Maximal insignia on it. She was also wearing short brown pants with a short skirt designed to resemble the feathers of a bird. She also wore thigh-high brown boots. Finally, on her back, there was a pair of falcon wings with brownish-gold feathers.

"I like that I get to keep them, but aren't the wings a bit much?" Airazor commented, flapping her wings slightly in emphasis.

"The chamber reconstructs our holoforms with the DNA of the lifeforms it scanned and our own CNA," Rhinox explained as he stepped out of the CR chamber. "It appears the life form we chose possess the features of beasts, explaining our appearances."

Rhinox's holoform stood the tallest out of the four, being just a few inches taller than Primal's own. He had a dark green buzzcut and green eyes along with tanned skin. His physique was slightly more muscular than Optimus' as well. He wore a green tank top with grey armor plating over it, bearing the insignia just underneath his collarbone. Rhinox wore a pair of long sweatpants and brown combat boots. He also wore armor plating on his shoulders and forearms, but had black fingerless gloves on. Finally, he had the tail of a rhino.

"Though, I will admit, the clothing and armor was a nice touch," Rhinox admitted, examining his own holoform for the first time, shifting some of the armor on his forearms.