// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖 //

hiraeth - part thirty-nine

»»——⍟——««

       "Today was absolutely wonderful, Bulma." Whis spoke as he and Bulma walked toward Capsule Corporation, coming back from visiting multiple different food shops. His hands were full with bags of food and snacks to take home and save for Lord Beerus, who was currently still napping.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, Whis. Will you come another day?" Bulma asked. Whis chuckled, nodding his head.

"Perhaps one last day, but Y/n's meditation training is ending after tomorrow, after which I will be too busy. I may come by to pick up food for her, but that is it." Whis said. As he spoke, a young Saiyan half-ling suddenly landed in front of him, startling Bulma.

"Jeez, Gohan, you could give some kind of warning!" She yelled, but was completely ignored as Gohan glared up at Whis, hatred burning in his eyes.

"Do you even know what Y/n's doing right now!?" He yelled. Whis hummed, placing a finger on his cheek as he pretended to think.

"Likely meditating with Shin, I'd imagine. Why?" He asked. Gohan clenched his fists, practically shaking with anger.

"Because she's not! Are you even aware that she's fused with him!? Y/n's permanently fused with the Supreme Kai until the Dragon Balls can split them up, if they even want to! Y/n's gone, and it's all your fault!" Gohan yelled. Whis looked genuinely surprised at this information, sighing.

"And how did you come to know this? Did you go and see her?" Whis asked. Gohan flinched, but didn't back down.

"We did. We didn't talk to them, I don't think they saw Dad and I. But Dad's pissed. I've never seen him act like this. You've got to split them apart." Gohan said. Whis chuckled, waving his staff over his groceries, the bags disappearing.

"That is a predicament. I should've seen this coming, both are quite emotional people when they want to be." Whis said. He turned to Bulma with an apologetic smile. "My apologies, Bulma, but I'm afraid today will have to be cut short. Take care, now."

"W-Wait, where are you going?" Gohan asked. Whis looked back at Gohan with a smirk, chuckling.

"Going to retrieve Y/n, of course. If she's grown comfortable enough to trust somebody that much again, even opening herself up to them, then she's ready to begin her real training. Farewell, then. I doubt I'll return for some time." Whis said. Gohan and Bulma watched in surprise as Whis abruptly cut his visit to Earth short, leaving immediately.

The Supreme Kai hummed happily as they landed on the ground, going home after yet another day of just relaxing under their wisteria tunnel. They didn't even feel the sour looks they received from Kibito and the Old Kai as they passed, completely unfazed by everything around them. Everything had been going perfectly well for them; their emotions from both counterparts never bothered them, they never experienced any of Y/n's pain, nobody was capable of splitting them apart, and Whis had yet to show up. Everything was perfect, and they didn't want to split up. Or at least, that was how they seemed on the surface.

Laying down on their bed, they ran their fingers through their hair with a sigh, before looking up at their palm. Everything was perfect, so why did they feel like everything was wrong? Despite it only being a temporary solution, they were mixed on how to feel about everything. About their existence, why they had even fused. It was an impulsive and irrational decision to just suddenly fuse, especially when they'd only spent a few days together.