Part 45 (Chill and Relaxing)

Out of all the strange places he'd been in over the past few months, a bar was the last place Alec had expected to wake up to.

Well, it wasn't really a bar -- not when he stared around at his surroundings a little better. It was a dim room, yes, but there wasn't really an area for drinks, and there wasn't any music playing. Wait, yes there was, but it wasn't upbeat and bass-boosted; rather, the music was calm and relaxing, with a bit of beat still to it.

Alec smiled. He could get used to this.

Only then did he realize that Katie was sleeping with her head across his lap.

Alec's face blushed a bright red, and he hesitantly shook the shark girl, hoping to wake her up and ease his embarrassment. Why was he still like this, they had established their relationship months ago! "Uhhh... K-Katie?"

"Mmmph..." Katie groaned softly, and Alec almost regretted waking her up. She was so cute when she was sleeping... "Yeah? What time is it?" Katie asked.

"Time to examine our new surroundings," Alec joked. "We're in some new place, somehow."

"What?!" Katie sat up, nearly hitting Alec in the face as she moved. "Whoa!" The girl stood up, her shark tail swishing in excitement. "Whatever this is, it's kinda cool."

"Yeah." Alec looked around, realizing that he and Katie weren't alone. Everyone else who had been living at Joe's was there, too -- and so were some unfamiliar faces.

Alec got up and walked over to a trio he didn't recognize, who were sleeping near each other on the floor. One was a person with fluffy black and green split hair and glasses, one had red hair, tan skin with black patches, and a black furry tail, and the last one... was a full Transfur, with pale yellow and bright pink fur.

"Mmm... hope that Transfur is like Lime and White, and not... like all of the others," Alec sighed nervously. He bent down to shake the three strangers awake. "Hey... uh, wake up."

The green-and-black-haired person was the first to stir, opening their grey eyes. "Wha-?" They looked up at Alec, confusion filling their gaze as recognition didn't come. "Who are you?"

"Uh... my name's Alec," Alec replied. "Who are YOU?"

"Oh. Harper Duncan, they/them," the person replied, including their pronouns. They didn't look much younger than Alec, but still appeared youthful -- were they a teenager? "Where are we?"

"Good question. It's not dangerous, as far as my frie- girlfriend and I can tell, so don't worry," Alec replied, extending a hand to help Harper up. The teen accepted it, staring around at the room. "Wow... there's a lot of people here."

"Most of them, I know. Mind if I introduce you to them?" Alec offered. Suddenly, Katie raced over. "Whoa! Hi! Alec, who's this?"

"Oh, their name is Harper," Alec replied. As an afterthought, he added his pronouns. "By the way, I, um, I go by he/him."

"She/her," Katie added, a lot smoother than Alec. "Maybe we should wake everyone up and introduce ourselves."

"Good idea. Katie and I can wake up the people we know, and you can wake up your.... uh, are they your friends?" Alec asked, pointing towards the two people Harper had been laying next to.

"Well...." Harper considered the question. "I mean, I guess. I've known one of them for longer than the other, though."

Alec, Katie, and Harper went around the room, waking the others (who hadn't already woken up) up. Alec found Lucas sleeping halfway on the couch and halfway on the floor, as if he'd fallen off, and -- to Katie's surprise and delight -- Kai, Casey, Lami, Talon, and Ruby were all sleeping near each other, with Lami resting his head on Kai's lap.