Chapter 9

RECAP:
I ran out the house with Jake calling my name. I ran out into the forest. I cried and cried.Suddenly, I felt immense pain in my shoulder blade.

I blacked out...

END OF RECAP
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

JAKES POV

" Get the hell off me!" I yelled at Valerie.

" But babe, we just starte-" she whines. I get up forgetting she was on my lap and see her fall and hit her elbow on the corner of my desk. Yikes, that has gotta sting.

"Just change and leave" I interrupt her. I run outside trying to catch up to Crystal, basically flying down the stairs in a desperate attempt to find her.

" Crystal!" I yell in exasperation. I follow her scent and see that she's gone into the woods. Wait , the WOODS? Please don't tell me she's running off our territory. I don't know how I will take it. I quickly mindlink the people on patrol
'Guys, my mate has ran into the woods, look for her and don't let her leave the territory immediately !'  I hear a bunch of people saying 'yes sir' and cut off the link.

Why am I such a dumb douche? I could've just lost the love of my life right now because of one stupid action.

"CRYSTAL!" I screamed in an attempt for her to answer back but it was obvious she wouldn't. Suddenly,, my shoulder blade felt like it was being pierced by a knife;My head began to shake as my vision turned blurry. What was the sudden reaction? I've never been in such pain before except when I shifted!

But...

Wait...she should have shifted when she was 13! Unless...she didnt? But the only late shifters from history have been murdered due to the conspiracy that they shifted late because they were cursed? Another sharp pain went through my hands "ARGH!"I shouted. I fell onto the forrest ground, with a big thump. Now my butt ached; this was just great. My eyes darted around me as I heard a beautiful bark. " Crystal?" I was left no time to think as I fell into my slumber...

CRYSTALS POV

I woke up, what had happened? I tried to talk but all I did was bark. It- wait, I BARKED! Looking down, I saw that I was on four PAWS. OH MY LORD I SHIFTED! I let out a beautiful howl of gratitude. I ran around like an idiot way to happy for my own good. I walked to the lake beside me and stared at myself.

"Woah."

I was a white wolf, one of the most rarest wolves. I was as white as snow with a gold lightning bolt going from my eye to my tail.

Me, Crystal White, am now a werewolf. I can't believe it... I was in the middle of doing my happy dance, before everything that had just happened collapsed on me. Fudge.

JAKES POV

I woke up, my head throbbing. Slowly, I got up dusting the leaves that are caught in my hair. I sniff again trying to see if I could smell Crystal when I hear a howl. I walk slowly towards the sound when my stupid foot steps on a branch. The wolf faces me, when I see its eyes. Gold and striking. I sniff again...

CRYSTAL!

I see her eyes in fury as she tries to slowly back away from me, but me being an alpha I catch onto her quickly.
" Love, loo-"

" Dont call me that," she interrupts with a harsh glare

" I didnt mean it- I swear. It was all in the moment, you have to believe me!"

" I dont care! You still cheated, why do I even care? I mean, its not like we went out or anything. Its not like we were ever a thing" She whispered and turned around. My face held guilt, pain, hurt.