[1] A Cruel Lie

--

{The in-between | Phantom Blood}

Warning: God's a dick, (Name) gets called by a different name for a little (It's gonna go back to (Name) soon no worries), panic, kinda fluffy?

--

The two floated in the middle of the void, with what looked like stares and colorful blotches. Their minds block out the concept of the death they are experiencing. In this place, there was nothing to do except rest.

But someone had a different idea.

In a brilliant light, a world formed around the two. Soil formed below them creating a platform for the two. Small green plants sprouted from the dirt while the two slowly regained their consciousness. In the bright light, a formless white blob appeared.

"Hello, niltze tialli pialli, こんにちは, marhaba, bonjour, ciao! Awaken poor children!" The entity yelled making Apollo's eyes shoot open. The boy started to scream in fright while the girl, (Name), eyes slowly opened. Like she was awakening from a long dream.

"Oh good your awake-Will you shut up, I'm trying to speak!" The blob of white turned red for a second, before taking a bodily form. They were shaped roughly into a human-looking figure, but their skin was still a completely white void.

At being yelled at Apollo he covered his mouth, effectively shushing himself. While (Name) was suspiciously staring at the entity before them.

"I can't decide! Should you live or die? But dying is so last millennium!" The entity stopped its foot on the ground, causing the whole platform to shake. The two humans jumped, now clinging to each other for comfort.

"So... We're dead, right? Is this the afterlife?" The girl asked already piecing together the individual words.

"Not quite. While you are dead yes, this isn't the afterlife. You can call it the 'Inbetween', that's the closest word I can think of right now." The entity laughed walking towards the two humans, clinging to each other like children facing the boogie man.

"Anyways, as I said, I'm bored. SO! I'm gonna give you a choice. I can reincarnate your asses like one of those animes, or you can die and go to the great beyond! Your choice." The figure, which will now be known as God, said.

The two humans looked at each other, a silent conversation being had with their eyes.

"And... There's no way we can go back?" The girl asked, a fading hope in her heart at the life she would be losing. While Apollo wished she wasn't here with him, although he was grateful, he wanted her to live a happy life. A life unburdened with his sorrowful self.

"Go back? Why would you want to go back? There's nothing left for you there." God evaded answering the question making the two glance back at each other.

"Do we get a choice where we reincarnate?" Apollo asked slowly.

"Yup! I'll even let you choose some power," God said looking at its nonexistent fingernails.

Apollo looked back at his friend with hope, while (Name) still had an uncertain feeling in her stomach. The two didn't talk, just stared at each other before Apollo couldn't take it anymore.

"Jojo, I wanna go on Jojo's bizarre adventure!" Apollo yelled in excitement starting to stand up. (Name) watched on, looking at him like he was crazy.

"Do you only wanna go there just because of Bucciarati?!" The girl asked irritated at the actions of the man. "Wha-I mean yes, have you seen him!? But not just that, Jojo's is so much like our world. Just with some weird stands and vampires! Life will be easy!" Apollo ranted only to be stopped by God's voice.