زینہ اور آریز | Zeenah & Aariz | 5

The next day Zeenah's mother discussed everything with her father, and they were ready to meet her Khala and Khalu.

Thankfully her dad is not very strict and was happy with Zeenah's decision. They thought it would be more suitable if they went by themselves and if everything went well then, they would take Zeenah as well.

"Okay Zeenah we're going, and don't you guys dare order anything just eat what I made for once," her mother said looking at Zeenah and Umar

"Wait why are you guys going alone I want to come too" Umar whined.

"Umar," his mom said firmly

"Okay okay you can go it's fine meri to kisi ko qadar hi nhi hai yaha par"

"Oh, darame baaz chalo. mama baba ap jaye Allah hafiz"

Surprisingly Aariz's parents had no objection and happily agreed to this proposal. They told her parents that they would also ask Aariz and then continue further with all the wedding preparations.

Later that evening when Aariz got home his parents dropped the marriage bomb on him

 "Say no."

"What!" his mother exclaimed

"ap unko mana kar dein mujhe zeenah se shadi nhi karni"

"ary bewakoof larke kabhi to zindagi mai kuch sahi karle ghar bethe bethe itni samajhdaar ladki mil rahi hai to bhi isko itne nakhre hain"

"ap log zabardasti nhi kar sakte mere sath"

"bas! Boht ho gaye tumhare tamashe tum jaise nakara ladke ko koi qubool hi kar raha hai who bot bari bat hai. Ab is baare mai eak lafz nahi suno ga jo faisla maine or tumhari maa ne kiya hai bas wohi hoga" his dad declared

Once again Aariz had no choice but to accept what his parents told him to do. He had never once thought about marrying someone because he felt he didn't deserve anyone's love.

Zeenah on the other hand was ecstatic. She was finally going to marry the love of her life. She was giggling and twirling around her room

"ye to sach mai pagal hi hai, "Umar said when he saw his sister giggling to herself

"umar ke bache tumhe or koi kaam nhi hai. Jab dekho bas apni zubaan chalani hoti hai"

"pehli baat to im single so no 'umar ke bache' doosri baat no mujhe or koi kaam nhi hai bas apni zubaan chalani ati hai"

"haan haan hume pata hai. Ye batana zara kal jo maths a test hoa tha usme kitne marks aye tumhare?"

"ah..hah that ..." and with that, he ran out of her room. 

Zeenah was debating whether she should message Aariz or not but then decided not to. It was decided that a small engagement ceremony would be held this coming weekend. Aariz had decided to talk to Zeenah about the whole situation because he thought she was probably forced into this marriage.

Finally, it was the day of their engagement. Zeenah was beaming with happiness and he could see that but again his subconsciousness forced him into thinking that it was all fake. Both of them were looking stunning together. When they were taken away for their photoshoot Aariz decided to talk

"Why did you say yes?"

"what.." she scrunched up her face

"Were you forced into marrying me? why did you agree?"

"Aariz what are you saying why would my parents force me into anything? this is my decision," she said and his face went blank

"what..why? Do you not see me? why would you want this? I'm a mess."

"you're not a mess Aariz"

"I'll never be good enough." his lower lip trembled

"You'll always be good enough for me Aariz. Your smile brings me so much joy. I feel your absence in everything that I do alone, in every place I go without you. you are everything. everything." tears shimmered in her eyes 

"Please.......say something Aariz"

He was fighting back tears never in his life he would have thought that he would mean so much to someone. Taking a deep breath, Aariz looked up, his eyes meeting zeenahs. His voice was shaky but sincere as he replied,

 "Zeenah, I... I never expected this, and it means the world to me that you feel that way. You're amazing, and I've always admired you from afar. But you should know that I struggle with my own insecurities, and it's been hard for me to believe that someone as incredible as you could care about someone like me." the corners of his mouth turned up.

He paused, his vulnerability on full display, but he continued, "I want to be honest with you, though. I've spent a long time building walls around myself because of these insecurities, and I don't want to hurt you if I can't tear them down. But I promise you this, Zeenah I'm willing to try. I want to overcome these doubts, not just for you but for myself too, because you deserve someone who can appreciate your love fully." she grinned  

Aariz reached out and gently took Zeenah's hand. 

"So, if you're willing to be patient with me, I'm willing to give this a chance. I want to be the person who can make you happy, and I'm going to work on being that person. Thank you for believing in me." 

Tears of relief glistened in Zeenah's eyes as she listened to Aariz's heartfelt words. She had known about his insecurities, but hearing him acknowledge them and express his willingness to work on them touched her deeply.

with a warm smile, she squeezed his hands and continued, " mujhe tum par pura yaqeen hai Aariz or mai har qadam par tumhara sath dene ke liye hazir hoon. or ab in mushkilat ka samna tumhe akele nhi karna pare mai hamesha tumhare sath rahoon gi Aariz. Together, we can build something beautiful and meaningful."

"yaad rakhna aariz mere sath kamzor hona theek hai kiunke hum dono ab eak team hain. bus mujh se eak baat ka wada karo kabhi bhi ye shaq na karna ke tum muhabbat ke mustahiq nhi ho kiunke tum meri nazron mai sab se zada ehmiyat rakhte ho" 

"I promise Zeenah," he said and both of them kept looking at each other smiling wholeheartedly until they heard the sound of a camera clicking.

"wah kia confession tha meri to ankhein bhar ai . Aapi I didn't expect you to be so loving." 

"Umar!" both Aariz and Zeenah said at the same time and laughed together at her dramatic brother.