[ 3 ]-'Am Valerie, what's your name?'

3.

Song for this chapter.
'Perfect •by Ed Sheeran'

☜☆☞ River's POV ☜☆☞

" Babe!, there you are. I've been searching all over for you " Came a voice from behind.

I really didn't want to take my eyes off hers right now, the only thing I wanted was to stare at her and relish this exact moment and I hoped silently she would want the same.

To just stare at me, never looking away.

Just hold me in her arms forever, but I guess it's always just gonna be a wish.

Nothing more than just a wish

And she proved this to me the moment she looked away.

"Grayson?" She looked away from me immediately she heard his voice taking her hands off me and instinctively, I tried to reach out to her but like he knew my next move, he pulled her away from me and into his arms.

To say I was hurt would probably be the best expression for my feelings at that exact moment.

Except.

it wasn't

I felt worst.

I was devastated.

" Are you okay? I saw him hit you back there. Were you hurt? Do you need to get to the nurse's office? Come, I'll take you" He rushed out searching her for any bruise that may have been inflicted on her, by me.

" Oh my gosh, Am fine Gray. Jeez, you're acting even worst than my dad" Valerie chuckled lightly stopping him from pulling her away.

" You got that right and that's because I care about you babe. You vanished into thin air back there and I was so darn worried"

" Yeah, I know. Trust me I know you do care about me but am fine, you don't have to be so worried okay? "

" Okay baby, if you say so but that doesn't mean I would ever stop worrying about you. You're my girl and what type of boy friend would I be if I don't worry, huh?" I watched as he held both her cheeks pulling her face closer to his as he kissed her like I wasn't even there.

" Probably the best boyfriend ever" Valerie quipped pulling away from the kiss and he gasped overdramatically holding a hand to his chest.

" Okay okay, let's forget about me for a moment, am perfectly fine but River isn't. He's the one hurt not me" They both turned to stare at me and I fought to conceal my very evident frown.

I watched as Grayson's smile deflate instantaneously as he was made to acknowledge my presence.

" True. Are you okay man? You really got messed up good back there" He said to me holding Valerie closer to his side possessively and I struggled to stop my self from pushing his arm off her.

" Mmm..." I simply nodded before adding " am good, nothing you should be worried about" I shoved my hands into my pockets as I stared at him with a scowl.

" Yeah I won't exactly say am worried really, but it's good to know you are fine, compared to the other guy back at the infirmary..."

" You mean your friend " I cut him off glaring harshly at him as he glared right back.