[ 6 ]- 'Darn fucking River dawson

6.

  A short Chapter 💕

   Song for this chapter:
Chasing cars•by snow patrol

🖇 Valerie's POV🖇

Time itself felt frozen

Well...

Not until, the sound of heaven footsteps and a voice from out the door snapped me out of my dead brain trap.

"Valerie!" A voice called from outside.

And

I froze

I easily recognized the voice being Grayson's and it came from outside the door, echoing from the hallway.

Straightaway, my eyes flew up to meet River's whose eyes moved from me to the door then to me again. He searched my face ardently, a look of confusion and an intense emotion which I couldn't easily fathom danced across his facials and the next minute he jolted away from me.

  I washed as his hand drove deep into his high curly hair as he paced back and forth muttering   Inaudible words and cusses.

His head titled backwards with his hand still in his hair and his hand resting nonchalantly on his waist as he let out an exasperated groan.

I watched closely, at a lost for words.

And completely dumbstruck.
What the hell just happened?
Hell, what was happening?
'My brain feels so wack right now'
Why the hell did my brain feels like wack?

I sure as hell couldn't process much except for the fact that it totally looked like 'River Dawson' MY BESTFRIEND! almost kissed me

On the lips!!!

Or could it be, we were actually getting closer to the apocalypse?

Cause what else could explain what just happened?

Or could it...

"Valerie?!Are you in here?" Grayson's voice came again pausing my internal conflicts and without thinking or batting my eyelids, I whirled to the back, held the door knob with a clumsy, not calculated grip and then rushed out.

First thing to catch my eyes was Gray's build half way through a door of a classroom , his head stuck in seemingly in search of me.

I called out to him and he stopped his search as his full body came into view, his smiling face now facing mine while I tried to mirror his but I don't think smiling in such a way that I ended up looking like someone actually hiding something was what I was going for.

I could almost feel my face hurting at how I was trying to put up a smile and it makes it even harder when I was simultaneously forcing my brain to jerk alive after that breakdown.

"Babe!" Grayson called to me taking a step closer. "You were taking so long to come back and I... I..." I watched as he trailed off, his eyes slowly drifted from me to the space right above my head.

His friendly demeanor completely fading away as he stared on with astonishment.
I swallowed because right when his eyes went behind me , I had sensed a presence lingering right behind me.