TWENTYFIVE

1ST JUNE
OMNISCIENT

Tears streamed down Leah's face as she looked at her grandmother's grave stone. This morning she woke up not feeling herself yet again, she hates the recurring feeling. She wiped her face and plopped down on the bench behind her. Her phone vibrated, she only responded to the message because it was Sade checking on her.

She didn't expect to be out so long, so she pulled herself together and headed home.

Meanwhile back at the house Sade was making dinner. Kennedy was on her hip, talking away to her mommy while her eyes were glued to the food.

"Then what happened?" Sade asked, the more she showed interest the more Kennedy would talk, it helped her learn more.

"Then we eated it." she mispronounced.

"No baby, say we ate it." Sade corrected her.

She looked Sade before plopping her head on her. Sade laughed, she went back to making some finishing touches to the food. The front door opened and Amir walked in.

"Hi dada." Kennedy smiled as she waved to him. Amir walked over and kissed them both.

"You need to sleep." Sade said looking at his exhausted face.

"I'm good." he assured, he headed upstairs to get changed before dinner.

Sade sat Kennedy down and made her a plate with a little everything. She sat down and handed her some water in her favourite cup.

"Mm it's good mommy." Kennedy nodded before scooping up some mash potatoes that was covered in sauce from the pot roast lamb.

"Good, make sure you drink this okay?" Sade asked, Kennedy nodded and sipped some water.

Sade walked over to the window and looked outside to see Leah's car parked in the drive. It was going on eight and she still hadn't walked through the door, hence why she checked out front. She made her way upstairs to see Amir dozing off with Kennedy fast asleep on him.

"Baby...I'll be back. I'm going to talk to Leah." she said, she pulled the covers over the two of them.

"Where she at?" he mumbled as he scratched his face.

"Out front I'll be quick." she gave him a kiss before pulling one of his sweaters on.

Sade made her way downstairs and walked out to the drive. Leah unlocked the car, Sade opened the door and turned her head.

"You said you'd be gone for a few hours." she said as she wiped Leah's tear stained cheeks.

"I know, I lost track of time." she said, Sade reached over and took off her seatbelt. They headed into the house, the first thing Sade did was make a plate for Leah.

"Baby I'm not hungry." Leah shook her head.

"When's the last time you ate something?" Sade asked making up a plate anyway.

"This morning." she mumbled in response.

Sade made her a small plate so it wouldn't seem like so much. She heated the food and grabbed her a bottle of water. They looked up seeing Amir walking down the stairs with Kennedy.

"Mommy." she said reaching out for her.

They switched roles, Amir walked over to Leah while Sade took Kennedy back upstairs to put her to bed. Amir sat down beside her, noticing her stained cheeks.