CHAPTER 2

Waking up she looked around her surrounding and had a hard time recognizing where she was. In a bid to get up and understand what this place was she felt a sharp sting to her flesh

"ow, where the hell am I". As she took in her surrounding the last thing she remembered was standing dazed at a speeding bike approaching her. Everything went black afterwards

"oh you are finally awake. How are you feeling?

"fine I guess. Uhm can I ask you something? "

" sure why not"

"what am I doing here? I mean the last thing I remember is being conflicted on whether to say my last prayer or not"

"Uhm you are funny. Well luckily you didn't need to say your last prayer. You blacked out cause of the sudden force you received after being pushed before the bike could hit you. If I recall you were pushed by a certain Kathryn Kavanaugh am guessing she's a friend of yours"

"make that best friend. But I don't still get why I'd pass out for.... " she she checked the clock beside her bed and widened her eyes when she saw the time

"... 6 hours!!! She exclaimed. "

" well we were also worried at the time it was taking you to come into consciousness so we did a thorough check up and found out that your water level was low". Said the nurse who was reaching to the chart on the rim of Rachel's bed

"am not carrying a baby so am sure that's not a thing I should be worried about"

"no silly. It means you are dehydrated and thank God you were rushed here if not it would have become severe by now"

"so does that mean am gonna b stuck here. Like a cancer patient? "she said shrieking almost gasping at the last sentence. Now Rachel was wrong about all the things she thought was wrong with her but she was definitely right about the fact that she was clueless. Thank God she wasn't blonde her mother often thought.

" zapping her out of her paranoid thoughts the nurse said no u won't be stuck here. We just need you to be on drip for a few days while observing you and if every thing returns to normal you will be free like a bird"

"uh so... "

" Rachel! OMG I thought I'd lost you forever "

" you know I'll never leave you in the world for anything I wouldn't dare Rachel answered as she rolled her eyes at her best friend who was now hugging her tightly " leave it to Kathryn to exaggerate about things and yet she says am the the one who exaggerate a lot. Ironic eh.

" good. So tell me how are you feeling. Oh if I could just get my hands on that good for nothing bike speeding brake failing maggot"

"what? He had a brake fail! And he was speeding ? " Rachel felt a great surge of anger threatening to overwhelm her if she didn't put herself under control.

" I am telling you ma'am that I had no idea the brake pad was faulty it was OK just yesterday. I am utterly dumbfounded that such a thing could happen " Derrick had been pleading with dianne for over an hour trying to get her to understand that he didn't mean for what happened to her daughter but man was she paranoid.
Rachel looked up to see her mom entering her room with a boy who had his back to her trying to push his way through her mum out of the room. Goodluck with that Rachel thought to herself.

"uh mum what's going on? "Rachel asked puzzled by both her mom and the boy who was still trying to feasil his way outta my mom's grip. Her mom finally got the struggling boy to be still and turned her eyes to settle on her confused daughter .

" well honey little Mr speedy pants here has something he has to say to you" slowly turning his head he came face to face with Rachel.
Holy shit it's Derrick the school hottie. What's he doing here? Rachel thought to herself.

"Derrick?