Part I : The start

It all started on my brother's birthday. He was turning 21 at the time, he's one year older.

I was in the kitchen, making me something to drink before any of my brother's friends arrived, when i suddenly heard a knock on the door of the house. My mum was out, buying groceries, And Alex, he was on his way here.

I went to check who knocked, my hands were full, so when i opened the door, a huge glass of freshly made juice fell onto the white shirt of our guest.

I have never seen him before, so i started apologizing, what a great first impression Ashley, you're very clever...

"Oh my god... i am very sorry i didn't mean to-" and before i could finish what i was saying, i looked up to see him.

He was this gorgeous tall man, he looked about my brother's age, he had sharp features, and he was probably double my size, and his eyes... they were very cold as if i didn't just drop juice on his shirt. We made eye contact, and  that went on for a while.

Well... not until he broke the silence by saying "well? Are you just gonna stand there and watch me?" His voice... it was so deep, yet so cold and mean

"Oh... yeah uhm sorry, come in... i'll get you something to wipe that off... i am guessing you're one of my brother's friends" i asked, but wow, he didn't even bother answering, he just entered and settled down on the couch, right next to my cat.

I brought him a napkin, which barely did anything "i'll uh... bring you a shirt from my brother's room" he didn't even look at me while i was talking... what a rude guy.

I went to my brother's room, looking for something that would fit him, since the guy's shoulder's were so big, i don't even think my father's shirts are bound to fit him.

I ended up finding a huge shirt that my father owned, so i went down the stairs, and i found him playing with our cat, that suprisingly, really liked him... She usually hates new people...

He looked so... sweet playing with her, like a different person, but when he saw me coming back, he went back to being cold.

"Uhm... here you go, you can go to the bathroom, it's on the right... if you need anything just tell me" He looked at me for a few seconds, with his cold eyes, then he walked to the bathroom without a word.

Sadly, even though he was attractive, he was really rude...

After a few minutes, in which i had cleaned the mess i had made on the floor, he came out of the bathroom, luckily the shirt fit him.

"I am sorry again to have spilled juice on you" i said, feeling guilty and embarrassed, but he didn't even seem fazed, he just stared at me blankly "uhm... you're quite early for the party... you can wait upstares in my brother's room, it's the white door, with a 'don't enter' sign"

He immediately started walking towards the stairs, "oh, wait what's your name though" i shouted at him, waiting for an answer, but he just ignored me.

At this point i was really pissed, like yeah i spilled juice on you, but damn, you don't have to be this dramatic.

*after half hour*

I forgot he was even here, until my brother entered then i remembered him. He didn't make any noise, unlike Alex, who litteraly talks so loudly and slams his keyboard in anger if he loses in a game, i am surprised that thing didn't break yet. Well that used to happen before we got into college, now we don't get to meet unless we see each others on the campus or so.

"Alex, hey, your friend came here early" i told him, after i had remembered.

"Which one? All of my friends are with me" he said confused, before he added "oh! You mean Kai? Tall, mean"