she forgets your birthday (requested)

"Wonyoung? Where are you?" You asked as you sat up in bed.

You rubbed your tired eyes and took a look around to find that the room was empty and Wonyoung wasn't anywhere in sight.

You thought that when you awoke, she'd be right there beside you.

Because today is your birthday and you know how important that is to her.

She always tells you how special of a day it is and because of her, you always look forward to the day coming around because she makes you feel so special during it.

You got out of bed and began to look around for her to find her downstairs.

"There you are!" You smiled as you reached the last step.

She was sitting on the couch with her shoes at her feet and her phone in her hand.

"I thought you'd wake me up today or be there when I opened my eyes." You said as you sat down beside her.

"Sorry, baby. I had to get up. I had to eat breakfast and get ready to go."

"Go?" You asked as your heart dropped a little. "Oh. Where are you going?"

"To the studio, of course." She said. "You know the girls and I are working hard on the new album."

"Yeah, but... I thought you had the day off." You said. "I thought you were going to spend it with me."

"Why?" She asked.

"Never mind." You said and shook your head with a smile. "I understand that you have to go in. We can always celebrate when you get home."

"Celebrate what?"

"Well... you know."

"No, baby, I don't." She said as she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Is it our anniversary or something?"

"You mean you don't remember what today is?"

"No. I thought it was just another normal day. I didn't think it was anything important."

You felt a rush of sadness flood over you.

You don't care about anyone else celebrating your birthday and you don't care about gifts or parties or anything of that sort.

You don't need anything special.

You just wanted a happy birthday from your girl and some cuddles.

You only wanted Wonyoung.

But it seemed that she'd forgotten your birthday.

"It's not." You said. "It's no big deal. Nothing special is going on."

"Oh, okay." She said. "I've got to get going. It's going to be a big day."

She kissed your head and put on her shoes before she went to kiss you, only for you to turn away from her.

"Okay." She frowned. "I'll see you later, baby."

"Yeah. Bye."

She walked out the door and you breathed out a sad sigh.

"So much for a happy birthday." You said and hung your head, wondering if she'd remember at all.