Two.

Chapter Two.

As they arrived, Jennifer and Yasmine nearly lost their minds— but Star was unfazed

As they arrived, Jennifer and Yasmine nearly lost their minds— but Star was unfazed. Celebrities that she had looked up to her entire life were watching her perform and she didn't feel a thing. She couldn't. All she could feel was the overwhelming feeling that she didn't belong there.

And the urge to write a song.

When their performance concluded, the entire lounge erupted in applause.

Throughout the entire performance Michael kept his eyes on Star, although she was smiling on the outside he saw through her facade. He knew that look all too well because it reminded him a lot of himself, something was troubling her and he could tell.

He had to get a moment with her before the end of the night.

As soon as they reached backstage, Star grabbed her songbook and began jotting down all the ideas and feelings that came to her while she was performing. Her feelings felt so amplified and intense but for some strange reason she simultaneously felt numb.

"Mr. Jackson has requested to be let backstage to speak with you all— are you okay with this?" The security guard asked, but Star was unaware? she too busy writing. So busy that she hadn't even notice Michael walk in.

"This is really happening! Jenni, pinch me." Yasmine whispered to Jennifer as Michael shook her hand gently. "I'm Michael." He introduced himself to the girls as if they didn't already know who he was. "We know who you are, you're fuckin' iconic. Congrats on Thriller by the way." Jennifer congratulated with a smile.

After they had exchanged more niceties and conversations, Michael approached Star. "Your head's been buried in that book the whole time," He said with a chuckle, "You seem unimpressed."

"Mmm," She hummed, not even bothering to look up from her book to check who it was. "How'd you guess?"

Even when she wasn't paying attention she managed to be sarcastic. Michael lowered the book down out of her eyesight with his hand  slowly. She gasped a bit realizing who it was she'd been talking to and shocked at how close they were to each other at the moment.