Chapter 5 - Talents

Silence. Utter silence. It's too quiet, I can't stand it. Docking my iPod, I click on my warm-up song. The beat surges through my bones. "Oooh, uh, oh, oh, oh, ...oh yeah. Ever try to reach for someone's dream-" My body moves in time with the tempo of Drew Seeley's song, passion filling every move I make. I love how little I have to think. Dancing is in my blood, it's who I am. Harry is a singer and I, well I'm a dancer. Just like Emily Taylor, my birth mother. As 'New Classic' Comes to an end, I come to the decision that I should work on my most recent dance. "This choreo is difficult at best." I murmur to no one. "Yellow diamonds in the light, and we're standing side by-" I let the song over take me; I stop thinking about everything, and just dance. If oyu were to ask me why I dance, I'd laugh at you and ask you why you breathe. You'd probably lay it's because you have to. Well, there's your answer. I dance because I have to. I do everything, ballet, jazz, contemporary, hip-hip, ballroom... just everything. My Favorite being a mix of ballet and hip-hop. Total happiness fills every ounce of me, auburn hair flying.

Song three is almost over when I hear thunderous applause. "You're fantastic!" "Better than Dani!" "My best friend is incredible!" Voices bellow from my doorway. My cheeks fill with blood; turning them as red as a newly ripened apple. Arms wrap around my small waist. "That was the best dancing I've ever seen." A thick Irish accent murmurs in y ear. "Hazza really never told you?" Wonder and exasperation fill my light and airy voice. I watch as four heads shake slowly, almost as if they can't believe what they just saw. "If you're in awe at that, you should see me when I'm actually trying." Laughter and smiles fill my pink room. "Here watch this." I say as my friends and brother sit on my bed. "Hit it." Music fills the room and I feel alive.