-Just Listen to Me-

Miguel's POV:
Why couldn't I just focus on both of the anomaly's. I focused on one and y/n got hurt.
The nurse told me y/n was gonna be fine. The Lizard's teeth didn't impale him too deep and he would need stitches. I headed back to my room and finished some work for the day. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I didn't just like him as a friend. I liked him more than one. I like the way he smiles at me, how he can take anomaly's down in minutes, how he's cool with everyone, basically everything about him. I always want him around me. He makes me smile time to time. Most of the time I hide it. Especially when other people are around.

Since it was so late tonight, he was probably gonna be released in the morning. I'll probably head in around around 9. He usually comes into my work area around 7. But he may wanna sleep in a bit. I better stay up and finish my work though.

_________________________________
The next morning
_________________________________

Your POV:
You wake up at 8 and find yourself in a hospital bed. You don't know what happened so you freak out a bit. There was a sharp sting from your torso and you lift up your shirt. There was bandages covering your torso and your memories come back to you. You remember getting bitten by that lizard and blacking out on the pavement.

A nurse walks in and checks on you and sees that you were awake. She walks over and helps you put on some new bandages. She talks about how to take care of your injury and how much rest you needed. She also tells you that you may leave once your ready. You sit there for a few minutes and try to think about what happened after you blacked out. You will just have to ask Miguel about it later.

You got up and got ready to leave until Miguel walks in. You two make eye contact for what seemed forever until he asked, "how is your injury?" You continue to round up your stuff and answer, "I'm fine, they just now released me."
"Well then let me walk you back to your room." You agreed to Miguel's request and he walks you back to your room. "Make sure to get some rest. Don't be as active either." You walk in and thank him. He starts to walk to his work room and you close the door. You lay down on the bed feeling more tired than ever.

_________________________________
2 weeks later
_________________________________

After lots of bed rest you feel a lot better. For the past 2 days you have been asking Miguel for missions but he keeps refusing to give you some. You were getting pretty upset. You got ready and headed down to the cafeteria. You walked through the lobby and you saw Miguel. He hadn't spotted you and he opened a portal. You guessed that he was going on a mission. After he walked through the portal you waited a few seconds and went through as well. As soon as you got through you saw Miguel fighting a Rhino. You swing in and decide to help him.

Miguel's POV:
I was almost done catching this anomaly until I saw y/n. Why the hell was he here. I gave him simple instructions yesterday. Stay in bed. And what does he do? He sneaks into a mission with me. I'm already stressed out, he's just making it worse.

Me and y/n finish wrapping up this anomaly. I call for some people to get this anomaly back to HQ while I take care of y/n. I spot him on top of a building and swing my way over there. I start to walk towards him. I was fucking pissed. I walked up and pinned y/n to the back of a billboard that was attached to the building. "What the hell y/n. I told you to fucking rest, didn't I?" "I'm fine Miguel."  "Why don't you just listen to me." Y/n just needs to learn to listen to his own boss for once. "Y/n your not fine, your stitches could have came undone." I couldn't take it.

Your POV:
You were so mad. You could tell he was too. But you were tired of sitting in bed. You felt well rested just a little sore. But of course, Miguel wouldn't listen. He would just continue to yell at you.

Suddenly both of your lips collided. You weren't even mad at him anymore. You were just focused on the kiss. After the passionate kiss, you break it and make eye contact with him. "Miguel, I-" He kisses you again. After what seemed like a few minutes he breaks the kiss and picks you up. You were surprised, you didn't expect this from Miguel. He opens a portal and walks through with you. The two of you end up on the other side of the portal. You looked around and guessed that it was Miguel's room.

_________________________________
NSFW warning for next chapter 😏🙏