3: Getting Ready.

Y/N POV

The next morning I woke up in bed, guess mom had dad move me in here last night. Anyways, I got out of bed and got dressed and ready for the day. I decided to go downstairs after doing everything I needed to and I spotted someone in the kitchen. Can you guess who?

Yep, it was dad. I decided it'd be a great time to talk to him regarding my powers, and what I could be capable of..

I just want him to see that I'm something more than what he thinks... and that I can do so much more...

"Hey dad. I wanted to talk."

"About?"

"Me."

"Alright... what's going on?"

"I just want to be able to do the things that you and Jon can."

"...We've spoken about this.."

The tension began to rise.

"I know. But I just want more freedom than I have now. I feel like a bird locked inside of a cage dad. And I want to be let out."

"Y/n... Fine. Go risk it. All I wanted was for you to be safe."

"This is not you wanting me to be safe. You never know what could possibly happen if I contain my powers for too long. You would never know, because you're always using yours."

"I understand how you feel. I.. I've been a really bad dad haven't I? I should've let you do more. I'm sorry, and you don't have to forgive me."

"...Alright. I was going to also let you know that I'm going on patrol with Dick later. He believes I might do some good."

Dad sighed, "Okay.. Just don't get hurt."

"I won't."

I went along with the rest of my day, I was working outside planting crops I'm the fields. Then dad flew up to me, "Y/n. I decided to make something for you.."

I turned around to face him, stopping what I was doing, "Yeah? What is it?" And the dad handed me a hero uniform. "I thought it'd be useful.." Dad said. "It's amazing.. wow.. I uhm.. thank you dad.." I gave dad a hug. It was nice, I don't remember the last time this happened..

"Well, you wanna go try it on?" My face lit up when dad asked this, "Yeah- I'll go do that-" I took the uniform and flew to the house, changing into it.

I stared at myself in the mirror... I didn't recognize myself, but I felt free. And happy, finally.

(NOT my art. Also dw if you don't like the outfit now, it's gonna change later on.)

I immediately flew out of the house to my dad after I saw myself and then I flew around in the sky, "Wooooo! This is amazing!"

Dad smiled, "Thats great. But you should head to Blüdhaven, it's almost time. Go." And with his final word to me, I headed there to Blüdhaven.

After a good few minutes of flying, I arrived in Blüdhaven. I needed to find where Nightwing was.