Past Between Love

Part 3: Past Between Love

"Rose, let's have a date. I'll pick you up tomorrow." Adele said that made Rose smile and blush.

Rose accepted Adele's offer. After Adele finishes his business, Adele rushes back to his home and takes his medication.

Today is Sunday and Rose is excited about the date because she had never been invited out on a date before, so she was keen to present herself nicely. She started to choose the finest outfits she could find in her wardrobe as well as the accessories that would highlight her attractiveness. Rose dashes over to her vanity table and begins applying makeup. She meticulously applies every detail on her face while smiling in the mirror. Adele picks Rose up in a Lamborghini Veneno since he wants to make sure she will arrive at his place safely. The road was filled with cozy air surrounding the atmosphere as Rose excitedly walked towards Adele. They pass through the city enjoying the views until they got to Adele's house. Entering the mansion feels like a castle when all of their guards greet them in front of the gate and assist them to the dining area. Adele sets up their dinner date in order to make sure everything goes according to plan. They had the time of their lives being together, and the night went smoothly. Adele also gives her a quick tour of his mansion where he displays the things he acquired on the underground market. 

"What are those?" she asked while pointing to a collection of rings and pieces of jewelry that are placed on a shelf.

"These are the jewels I got from an underground auction held in New York City." 

That conversation interested her so she asked something she wanted to know. "Why are you participating in underground auctions in different parts of the world?"

Adele confidently answered "Being a part of a large auction shows enormous power and will show our capability as a businessman to get what the underground world can offer. It is also a way to build connections with other businesses around the globe.

The ordinary way of an auction is to obtain the best financial returns for the owner of the property and to allow free and fair competition among bidders but aside from this, there is also an underlying purpose of an action for a Businessman like him. It is to prove their wealth and ability to get what they want. People get caught up in the competitiveness of the bidding and many times this drives the price of items higher. To some, it's like a game, and they want to win at all costs.

"What is the highest price you have ever bid?" She asked.