⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯ 11 ◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

I didn't expect the blasting wave of heat that greeted me as I ran. Clouds of smoke gliding around the trees carelessly as sparks lit into flames. I lifted my shirt to cover my nose.

The crackling sound of dead leaves under my feet turned into the popping and sizzling of branches as they gasped before turning to ash.

The village. Whats happening in the village?

I pushed past the roaring flames. The forest stands no chance of fighting off the millions of burning embers. I ran out to the edge of the village; screams stopping me in my tracks.

Houses on both sides of me have flames flying out of there windows. Everything is on fire. Dark figures standing in the burning street captured my attention. The tall and dark armor seemed flameproof as they stood with the bright strokes of fire trying to make them burn. I can see them standing over a small group of people. The faces are too enveloped in the smoke for me to see right.

I need to go back, I realized. My house is close to the forest. I need to warn the others. I took another second to look at the group of shouting people "They're fine." I turned back.

The air split with a clean and loud whistle. I watched in horror as screams from the kneeling group of people were silenced by the large figures. Their silhouettes falling into flames.

My head and heart racing in a dizzy spin as heads rolled only a short distance from me.

I need to tell Leo and the others. I can't help here, it's to late. I have to hurry before it's to late for me too.

High-pitched whining deafened my ears as a tree crashed down beside me. I ran past the boulders I stood on minutes ago. Fire was destroying everything in its path behind me. A bark rang out, and my blood ran cold. Was I seen? Did they set dogs out to catch me?

A scared bundle of fur popped out of a bush ahead. The tiny thing only reached halfway up to my knee as I ran past the dog.

I turned to look back at it. It's still sitting where I left it, staring into my soul as fire snaked closer to it. I fidgeted, turning back and forth. The fire doing a wonderful job of rushing me as I raced against it.

Grabbing the tiny yet heavy dog. My feet burned as I outran the fire, slowing down for a break before kicking off and running again. Lightheaded and out of breath, I stumbled into a clearing.

"Ann!" Crete yelled. His eyes widening as he raced over. I pushed him away, struggling to keep breathing.

"We have!" I huffed. "We have to get out of here!" I stumbled to the house but he tried to stop me, so I shoved the dog into his arms.

"Leo!" I yelled, bursting into the doorway and falling over myself.

"Woah there!" Laurent exclaimed, catching me. He helped me to a chair, and I pulled my head between my knees. I feel like I'm about to throw up.

"What happened to her?" Laurent asked Crete. Quickly finding and giving me a bottle of water. I stood back up, still not registering things at my normal rate.

"Where is everyone?" The living room's empty like the rest of the house as I rushed about.

I'm gonna die. There going to kill me. There going to kill us.

"We were out looking for you," Crete explained.

"Call them in. They can't die. I need to get us out of here." I jerked open the hallway closet, pulling out all my packs and bags. We need to get out of this place. "Where are they?" I asked. Running to the door, leaving it open, and looking out.