30

now, sunwoo was taken to the nearby doctors and seojin, jeno, and yoshi were sat in the principals office.

"jeno. this was a serious fight and now sunwoo is injured in the hospital! what came over you? this could give me reason to expel you!" the principal questioned with wrinkles on his face from the stress.

"he was being rude. very rude." jeno bluntly responded. the principal looked at both yoshi and seojin for more. "sunwoo was being disrespectful to both me and jeno. je threw the first punch, but jeno fought back a little bit too hard after." seojin explained on their behalf.

the principal nodded. "jeno. if your father wasn't the only man holding this school together- you best believe you would have been long gone. 4 day suspension." he said.

"now, if you cause any more trouble you won't be accounted for like this again. watch yourself." he narrowed his eyes, letting the three students go.

seojin made a beeline straight for the door, wanting to go home immediately. "hey- can i talk to you?" she heard jeno from behind her.

yoshi was long gone, he didn't want to end up like his best friend. seojin sighed and turned around. the two were alone in the hallway.

the only sound heard was the sound of their shoes against the floor, and the chatter of the principal with his assistant from the room behind them.

"whats up jeno?" she asked him. he looked down and rubbed his eyes lowly.

"i'm really sorry jinni. i shouldn't have done that and i've already called sunwoo and apologised. i was so caught up in the moment i didn't even realise what i did was wrong and i ignored what you were saying." he apologised, still looking down.

seojin just pulled him into a hug. "i know you're sorry. you're getting punished for it too. not seeing me for 4 days is going to be so painful isn't it." she joked, with her arms wrapped around his waist. she heard his little laugh.

"what makes you think that? i'm going to see you no matter what." he responded. "well, i don't know about you- but i have school to go to." she answered back, now pulling away.

"whatever. you'll see me." he replied. she was about to turn away and go to her locker to get her bag, but she was stopped again.

"seojin wait. i can't let you go without saying this." jeno grabbed her arm.

"seojin i really like you. it's all clicking in my head that you make me feel a way that no other girl can make me feel. when you're angry- i'm angry. when you're sad, i'll do anything in my power to make you feel better. you're always running on my mind and it's been like this for a while. when you were mad at me over the project i never felt so angry at myself in my entire life. nothing can change how i feel and i just really wanted you to know that." jeno blurted out without breaking eye contact once, and seojin was dumbfounded.

the thing she least expected had just happened, and she had no idea how to respond to it. "i.. uhm, jeno i don't know what to say." was all that came out of her mouth.

she knew what to say. she liked him back. but who was gonna tell him that? her mouth wasn't on her side. it was sealed shut.

"don't say anything. i'll see you at school next week." jeno looked down and walked away from her.