Chapter Eleven - Morgana

I'm sitting in the room designed for Alistair and I, staring at the computer screen in front of me. It's been weeks since I started my research, and I feel like I'm no closer to finding my mother than I was when I started. I'm frustrated and tired, but I can't give up.

Suddenly, Alistair enters the room, his eyes dark and serious. "Morgana, most of your findings are back there," he says, his voice low.

I know exactly what he means. We need to go back through the portal, back down to Hell, to the place where I've been hiding all of my research. The place where I discovered the truth about my mother's disappearance. I stand up from my chair and nod. "Let's go." We make our way to the living room, where the portal exists between an unseen plane. Using the power within me I enforce the portal to open. I can feel my heart racing as we step through the portal, the familiar feeling of heat and darkness enveloping me.

As we emerge on the other side, I can see the familiar stone walls of my old room. It's still just as I left it, with stacks of books and papers scattered across the floor.

But before I can get to work, there's a knock at the door. I turn to see my father, Lucifer, standing in the doorway. I feel a sense of unease wash over me as he enters the room, his eyes cold and calculating.

"Hello, Alistair," he says, nodding briefly at my companion. Then, he turns his gaze to me. "Morgana, I need to speak with you. Alone." Alistair looks at me with concern, but I nod, silently signaling that it's okay. As he leaves the room, I turn to face my father, feeling a mix of anger and fear.

"What do you want?" I snap, unable to keep the bitterness out of my voice.

My father looks at me with a hint of amusement. "Still upset, I see."

I feel my hands clench into fists at my sides. "Of course, I'm upset. You lied to me. You told me my mother was dead."

Dad's expression softens slightly, and he takes a step closer to me. "Morgana, please. I only did what I thought was best for you. I didn't want you to get hurt." I feel a surge of anger, and suddenly, the room is filled with a burst of flames. Father steps back, a look of shock on his face. "Morgana, calm down," he says, his voice low and urgent. But I can't calm down. Not when I've been lied to my entire life. I take a deep breath, trying to steady my emotions. The flames subside, and the room returns to normal. Lucifer looks at me with a mix of fear and admiration. "You are powerful, Morgana. More powerful than I ever imagined." I feel a sense of satisfaction wash over me. Maybe now he'll understand that I'm not someone to be underestimated. "But I need your help," he continues, his expression serious. "I need you to find your mother. Now that you know she's not dead, you need to know that an oracle has foretold something worse. She's in danger."

I feel a sense of shock wash over me. "What do you mean?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper.

Lucifer sighs. "Your mother was not human, Morgana. She was a powerful being from another realm. She knew too much, and she became a liability. I had to protect you, Morgana. I had to keep you safe. If they knew what you were they would have come for you a long time ago."

I feel my head spinning with the weight of my father's revelations. My mother is alive, and not human? How could he have kept something like this from me for so long? Anger and confusion pulse through me as I try to make sense of it all. "Why didn't you tell me this before?" I demand, my voice shaking.

He looks at me with regret. "I was trying to protect you, Morgana."

I let out a frustrated sigh. "But you've been lying to me my whole life! How can I trust anything you say?"

My father's expression softens as he takes a step closer to me. "I know it's hard to understand, Morgana. But I need you to trust me now. Your mother is in danger, and I need your help to find her." I feel a sense of unease wash over me as I realize the gravity of the situation. My mother is in danger, and my father needs my help. I take a deep breath, trying to steady my emotions.

"What do you need me to do?" I ask, my voice low.

Lucifer looks at me with a sense of urgency. "I need you to use your powers to track her down. She's somewhere on Earth, and I don't know where. But I know you can find her."

I nod, feeling a sense of determination wash over me. "I'm already trying. What do you think all this paper is for? Scrapbooking?"

My father looks at me with a mix of gratitude and relief. "Thank you, Morgana. I knew I could count on you. Now, this is what you need to know..."

As we make our way back through the portal, I can feel my mind racing with the weight of my father's revelations. My mother is alive, and not human. And she's in danger.

As we emerge on the other side of the portal, I turn to Alistair, a fierce look in my eyes. "We have work to do."