Chapter 1: Introduction

In the humble town of ######, there's this one girl named Lily Panthers, an introverted and smart person who always has a stern face. Unlike many students at her school, she doesn't have many friends because of her personality. Every time they approach her she's acting like they don't even exist. Well, as if she cares, but surprisingly, there's someone she actually cares for.

Meet Shawn Miles, an extrovert, athletic, adventurous, and apart from all of that... He's gay. Shawn actually lives far away from where Lily lives (he lives on the other side of the world). So basically, he doesn't know who Lily is but Lily knows him. How? Well...

Flashback...

Lily is lying lazily on her couch while scrolling through an app that is super popular amongst young people. While at it, her cat suddenly pounced at her chest so she twitched a bit in shock.

"Liah! You scared me" she said in a low tone to her cat. She then put the cat aside and got back to using her phone. When she opened her phone, she saw that she had accidentally clicked on someone livestream.

Maybe she clicked it after Liah (her cat) pounced on her. She doesn't really enjoy watching people streaming because it's too long and boring for her, but this time she was too bored, so she decided that she will watch a couple of them.

The first two livestreams that she watched were boring, so she scrolled down again and again then again and again. She was about to lose patience and exit the app, but when she scrolled down again, she saw a man happily talking to the viewers by reading their comments. Although there not much people watching, the warm smile never faded. It's the kind of smile that you want to see every morning when you wake up.

Lily can't help but stare intently at her screen for a long time until her eyes are sore from the brightness of her screen and that man smile. "A cute face with a cute smile" lingers Lily's thoughts while still staring at the man.

It's only a minute of watching but she already admires the man. She decides to comment and introduce herself while putting down the cheesy pickup lines that she could think of. She is very nervous while typing because this is the first time she's done this.

A few seconds later, the man read her comment and said, "Hi Lily, nice to see you here in my livestream " with a shy face. The moment that man says her name, her heartbeat got faster she could only hide her face that as red as a tomato in the pillow and scream. She never felt so happy before.

After she got herself together, she continued to watch the stream until it ended.

End of flashback...

It's been a week and she is still waiting for Shawn's livestream. She could not stop thinking about him and hoped that he would stream again soon.

"Lily, are your bags ready? We will be going now" Lily's mother shouted from downstairs.

"Yes, coming!" Lily replied.

Her family decided to migrate to another country because of their work. She never wanted to come but her family is worried about her so they keep pursuing her to come with them until she agreed. Today is the day that they will leave the country. Lily is a bit sad about it because, although she doesn't have many friends in her hometown, it's still the place where she grew up.

A couple of hours later, the plane landed safe and sound. Her parents rented a cab to get them to their new house. At last, they've arrived at their destination. The house was already furnished since her parents used to live here a while ago but due to the nature of their jobs, they ended up staying in different houses. (PS: they also brought Liah the cat with them.)

Lily was so tired that she lied down on the sofa. She tried closing her eyes but opening it as soon as she heard the notification on the app. Shawn is streaming... This is the moment Lily have been waiting for; she was so happy and couldn't contain her excitement. She let out a smile while clicking the notification.

"It looks like you are in a good mood today" said her mom who saw her smile.

"Btw, have you already decided which school you want to go to?"

"Umm, not yet. I guess I will let you choose which one" Lily answered.

Her mom nodded.

End of Chapter 1