The beginning

OK, so...

When I was 10 years old, my mother, Queen Ruby, realized that I was going to have to challenge her someday. She decided that she would step down if I ever did. Honestly, I think we were both relieved... 

I walked to my room after a loooong day of classes. I was beaten up from battle traing with Cliff (He is getting really strong), bored from history, and stiff from posture class (that's right POSTURE class. I had to sit and practice looking queenly. For real, it only made feel LESS queenly. Anyway, I went into my room, walked over to my bed, and just fell forward into it. Well, that was slightly amusing. Not, like, insanely amusing-well, you get the point. There was a knock at my door, and a servant came in. 

"Er, princess?" He said. 

I looked at him. "Oh, hello, Agate. How are you?"

"Good... your mother sent a message for you." 

"Thank you, Agate." He bowed his head and left in a hurry, leaving the message on the table by the door.  I picked it up and read it.

Sunrise, I am getting older. Ever since your father passed away, I have realized that you must challenge me someday. Whenever that day comes, I will step down as Queen and will allow you to rule the Sky Kingdom.

Love, 

Queen Ruby of the SkyWings