Peregrine

This part is a couple years after the note from my mother...

I was walking among the soldiers (I had to train them since my mother was busy on a diplomatic visit of the Queens), when one of them spoke. 

"Princess, look!"

A dragon a few years older than me staggered towards me. Who was this guy-Hawk... no...Falcon... no...Peregrine! 

"Princess!...t-there was a raid... at... Cliffhanger Village..."

"Alright..." I pulled a map out of my neck pouch. "Cliffhanger is...20 miles from here... How many dragons?"

"Eight..." He said weakly.

"Alright, Agate-take 16 soldiers to Cliffhanger-take the rebels alive. Topaz! Come over here and take a look at him!" I ordered. 

"Yes princess!" They both replied. 

Topaz came bounding over and told Peregrine to lie down. She pulled out a bottle and a cloth and started dabbing the liquid on Peregrine's neck and chest. 

"This is the best I can do..." She said when she was done.

"Thank you. You are dismissed. Please take some backup to help Agate."

She flew away with 5 soldiers in the direction of the village.

I slid my wing under Peregrine's and helped him hobble over to the healers chamber. It was empty, except for a few soldiers who had been injured in the last rebel raid. I guess I should explain the rebels. They wanted a mysterious leader to be Queen, because of the whole SandWing thing. 

I helped Peregrine lay down on a cot. I called a healer over. She briefly told me how to clean the wounds, and busied off to help the soldiers. Peregrine fell unconscious and I cleaned his deep cuts. After a while, he woke up and started blushing. I did too. It didn't help that I used to have crush on him...

1 year later...

So... Peregrine and I married. Yeah. I mean, he's kinda awesome, and he's the fastest flyer in the kingdom.