Chapter 5

-Louis-

I was sat in my makeup atrist, Lucy's house, for some emergency makeup. Today was the day I was picking up May, and I didn't want to look ill, even though I clearly am. I hadn't ate since last friday, I've been drinking a lot of water and that's it. My stomach let out a huge grumble, followed by a severe shooting pain in my stomach. I lurched forward and groaned, grabbed my bottle of water and took a few gulps, then sat back up and waited for Lucy to carry on putting on my makeup. She sighed and carried on applying bronzer to my pasty, too-thin face. My cheeks had sunk in so my cheekbones stuck out something awful. I allowed Lucy to finish, then headed off to the children's home. I ran all the way, not even stopping for the pain in my stomach. I burst through the doors and saw a very VERY pale, thin and ill looking May. I ran up to her and hugged her tightly. I pulled back and looked at her face. I examined her closely and noticed May had... Makeup on...? I smiled and tried to ignore it, thinking I was just imagining it. I went to the desk and signed all of the papers etc. It was pretty boring. I then called Harry and got him to drive over to the home and take us home. I climbed into the back of the car with May when Harry finally got to the home. On the way home, I rubbed May's face where the makeup was.

"Ow, Daddy! That hurt!" May whined.

"Oh sorry. you've got something on your face, I'm just getting it off." I smiled at her apoligetically.

"The lady put it on me" May said, looking up to me with her blazing blue, round eyes.  I raised an eyebrow and gently rubbed the rest of it away, to uncover a giant bruise and a fiery red hand-shaped mark on the right side of her face. I widened my eyes but said nothing. I just pulled out my phone and text Zayn.

Hey Zayn. Can you watch may for a while when I get home? Got some things I have to sort out.

I angrily sent the message and smiled down at a now sleeping May. I opened my camera and got some pictures of her cheek. I felt sick. We got back to the flat and I carried May into the house and grabbed about 3 cereal bars. I left May to sleep on the sofa while I made myself a cup of tea and ate the cereal bars. I was fuming. My phone vibrated.

Hey Louis, Sure I'll look after May. I'm on my way. Why?

The doorbell rang and May jolted up. I patted her head caringly and answered the door. Zayn walked in.

"I'll explain later, but I'm sure you'll see it on May's face. HARRY!" I said quickly. Harry walked through.

"Let's go" I said to Harry.

"Where?" Harry asked.

"The kid's home. Now." I said impatiently.Harry looked confused, but realized I waas serious and grabbed his keys. I kissed May's head and said goodbye, and left her in the capable hands of Zayn. Harry drove without talking to me. Smart kid. He always seemed to know when not to talk to me because I was angry. He pulled up outside of the home and before he had even fully stopped the car, I was out of the car and storming through the double doors.

"YOU HIT HER!" I screamed when I burst in.

"Sir..." The damn woman behind the desk said.

"YOU BLOODY HIT HER YOU SCUM!" I screamed.

"Calm down!" The woman yelled.

"SHUT UP! DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, YOU HIT MY BLOODY KID!" I screamed. The woman scowled. Next thing I know, I'm being dragged out of the doors by a very  frantic Harry. I sighed and stuck my head around the door. A lot of bruised, thin kids were stood at the door.

"THIS IS NOT OVER!!" I threatened. I stormed to the car and slammed the door. Harry sped back home while I calmed down. When I was calm, I pulled out my phone and dialled the number I knew would help.

"Yes, police? I'd like to report child abuse..."